As the second largest on-campus constituency after students, and given the vital role they play in all aspects of University operations, the staff at the University of Denver are a critical campus community. To better serve this population, and in addition to support offered by the Staff Advisory Council and Human Resources, CME offers staff a growing range of professional development opportunities and resources, summarized in our employee services flyer (PDF) and including:
- Training & Professional Development
- Diversity Recruitment & Retention (link focuses on faculty while we develop staff-specific versions with HR)
- Involvement & Leadership Opportunities, including through the campus organizations below.
CME provides support for the following staff/all-employee organizations:
- Staff of Color Association (SOCA)
- Latino Community Forums: Occasional gatherings for community-building, issues discussion and action planning around issues of interest to DU's Latino communities. Self-subscribe to our email listserv.
- Queer University Employees (QUE): Affinity group for LGBTIQ & Ally employees. See CME LGBTIQA services. Self-subscribe to our email listserv.
- Women's Coalition : The umbrella organization promotes information sharing between campus women's groups to further the status of women on the DU campus through such networking and communication opportunities as Town Hall sessions and an annual conference.