Beyond Good Intentions:
Confronting My Bias to Change Our Community
Thursday and Friday, January 21-22nd, 2016
Thank you to everyone who started with and shared of themselves, to make the 2016 Diversity Summit on Inclusive Excellence such a success: participants, presenters, sponsor, service staff and volunteers!
If you attended any part of the Summit, please take a moment a provide some feedback to help us continue to improve our growing size and positive impact, via https://udenver.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_0GO0SAc4biObzr7
We will be adding workshop materials, links to keynote speaker videos and other supplementary materials as we receive it; and encourage campus and community members to consider participating in these other upcoming conferences/summits, as well as events on the calendar at right:
- DU Women's Conference (4/1),
- DU Sexual Assault Awareness Summit (4/8),
- DU Internationalization Summit (4/15)
- Auraria Higher Education Diversity Summit (HEDS) (4/15)
Information on the 2016 DU Diversity Summit
Use the links at left and below to review additional information on the Summit, and related events.
- Download the Pioneer Life mobile app or open the e-program (PDF) for on-the-go access to the Diversity Summit schedule, presenter bios, workshop descriptions and locations, and more!
- Check out a complementary series on Extremism and Islamophobia , organized by AHSS Religious Studies and partners:
- The Colorado higher education Chief Diversity Officers' hosted a panel on Making Excellence Inclusive in Challenging Times: Implications for Advancing Racial Equity in Colorado Higher Education .
In 2001, the DU Diversity Summit began with a few undergraduate students coming together to talk about diversity. The event has grown tremendously since then, now engaging up to six hundred participants annually.
In 2007, the University of Denver made an institutional commitment to Inclusive Excellence, the philosophical and practical concept that inclusiveness and excellence are one in the same, which guided the Summit focus to Include Excellence. Originally, the Diversity Summit highlighted the success and ambitions around IE and diversity of DU administration, faculty, staff and students but has grown to incorporate leaders in diversity and Inclusive Excellence from Denver, the region and the nation. The Diversity Summit has featured keynote speakers active within academia as well as those from the business sector.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.