Each year, the Center for Multicultural Excellence and the Diversity Summit Committee recognize individuals from across the campus who have demonstrated outstanding accomplishments and contribute to advancing the tenants of Inclusive Excellence at the University of Denver through exemplary leadership.
These awards are the latest version of what were once known as CME's Profiles of Excellence Awards, given out as part of that annual graduation ceremony. Beginning in 2013, the awards became the Provost's Champions of Change Awards, and were moved to the annual Diversity Summit, in an effort to recognize these exceptional individuals with a broader audience.
See the annual Eprograms for full descriptions of awards and honorees.
The 2014 honorees:
- Undergraduate Student: Alejandro Garcia, Undergraduate Student Government
- Graduate Student: Leslie Rossman, Communication Studies, Graduate Student Government
- Faculty Advocate: Dr. Bernadette Calafell, Communication Studies
- Staff: Nashwa Bolling, Undergraduate Admission
- Administrator: Dr Barbara Wilcots, Asc Provost for Graduate Studies, and English faculty
- special award for Institutional Leadership: Dr Robert Coombe, Chancellor
- Undergraduate Student: Marin Klostermeier
- Graduate Student: Sujie Kim, Morgridge College of Education
- Faculty: Dr. Hava Gordon, Sociology and Criminology, and Gender & Women's Studies
- Staff: Kristin Olson, Office of Student Conduct, Student Life
- special award for Alumni Achievement: Dr William Cross