As the University strives for Inclusive Excellence, undergraduate student members of the Pioneer family are invited to engage in activities and programming that harness the Pioneer spirit of valuing and embracing Inclusion to the core.
During Fall Discoveries week, you were introduced for the need to avoid The Danger of a Single Story (full TEDtalk here); and as your time at DU continues, we invite you to take time to get engaged in programming that accentuates all that it means to be a Pioneer for Inclusive Excellence (PIE)!
In addition to our many Programs & Services , CME offers these additional opportunities to contribute your stories, to meet others and to gain valuables skills and experiences for living, learning and working in our diverse society:
- the Center itself, including a variety of meeting/work spaces and resources and friendly staff , happy to talk with you about opportunities and help with challenges at DU.
- on-line resources, including diversity reference materials and services
- Multicultural Welcome Luncheon: Each fall Discoveries (orientation) Week, CME hosts a welcome luncheon for new students and their families, to meet another, learn about CME and connect with current students, organizations and resources. Check the Discoveries calendar and RSVP to join us.
- Employment opportunities at the Center, through work award positions. Positions are posted on the DU Student Employment website if/when open. (Search on-campus positions for our office).
- Research support, through the IRISE Undergraduate Scholars program.
- We celebrate graduates with our annual Profiles of Excellence event each spring, recognizing graduates from the entire previous year.
You can also get involved directly with diversity, inclusion and/or social justice-focused students organizations (see compilation on our Publications page), including members of our Joint Council, and/or with your Undergraduate Student Government (USG) and its Inclusive Excellence initiatives.
Other campus resources
While we do NOT offer scholarships or other financial aid directly through the Center, DU's Office of Financial Aid offers various resources, including an online scholarship search .
The Office of Student Outreach & Support connects students in need of resources to appropriate campus or community services. Commuters, transfer students, students with disabilities, international students and veterans also have focused support services.