CME Sponsorship Request: overview
PLEASE NOTE: All funds for the 2012-2013 academic/fiscal year have been committed; therefore, we are no longer accepting requests for sponsorship for this year. We will begin accepting requests in June 2013 for the July 2013-June 2014 fiscal/academic year.
Each year, in addition to its own, direct efforts, the Center for Multicultural Excellence (CME) provides sponsorship for events, programs and initiatives that will clearly advance priorities outlined in the DU Inclusive Excellence Strategic Plan (PDF).
As you consider applying for CME support, please review the entire Sponsorship Overview below, to understand the opportunities and limitations of the resources available, as well as the request process. You can also open/download/print a PDF version of the Overview & Guidelines here.
NOTE: Proposals that are academic in nature (e.g., research/creative activities, curriculum and pedagogy development, etc.) should be submitted through the “Renew DU” Inclusive Excellence incubator. (info coming soon)
To encourage increased programming and initiatives that support the DU Inclusive Excellence Strategic Plan.
- To encourage across- and beyond-campus collaborations to increase the awareness and visibility of inclusive and diversity related programming/initiatives.
- To challenge groups and units on and beyond campus to embed inclusion and diversity-related initiatives into their annual planning and activity.
For 2012-13, CME will give priority to programs/initiatives that support the following DU IE Strategic Plan Goals (see link above for details):
- College Access and Pipeline (Goal I)
- Campus Climate (Goal II)
Available types of sponsorship/support:
- Financial: Direct funds and/or on-behalf-of purchases/expenditures up to $1,500.*
- Staff/Network time and expertise: Facilitation, advising, consulting, and/or planning support by CME staff, and/or referrals to on/off-campus networks.
- Event Space at the Center for Multicultural Excellence or the larger University of Denver
- Publicity assistance: sharing information about your initiatives through our on/off-campus networks
- Endorsement by CME to indicate your event supports the DU Inclusive Excellence Strategic Plan. (If your proposal is accepted for any of the above sponsorships, listing us as a sponsor automatically indicates this endorsement.)
*Available funds are limited, and are intended to support a number and variety of initiatives. Therefore, they typically are awarded in amounts of $100 - $1,500. Larger amounts may be awarded for projects that exemplify the CME mission and priorities and will impact IE priorities to an extraordinary degree.
Eligible Recipients are:
- DU organizations/departments, including formal and informal student, staff, faculty and alumni groups
- DU-affiliated individuals
- community-based organizations whose missions align with CME mission and priorities.
All initiatives must meet three or more of the following criteria:
- Directly benefits DU key stakeholders (e.g., faculty, staff, students, alumni, community partnerships)
- Provides participants with opportunities to increase awareness, knowledge and/or skills to implement inclusive practices in their daily lives, work or scholarship
- Directly supports priorities outlined in the DU Inclusive Excellence Strategic Plan
- Addresses topics related to historically underrepresented/excluded groups
- Encourage cross-cultural understanding and/or intergroup dialogue
- Expands DU’s reach local, nationally, or internationally in promoting inclusion, equity and/or diversity
If your proposal fits these conditions, please review our specific guidelines and process in order to apply.