Summer Institute Participant Feedback
A few quotations from past years' participants:
- You believed in me and invested in my potential as a scholar.
- The University of Denver demonstrated a commitment to equity and access into the academy through the 2006 National Summer Institute on Multicultural Excellence in the Academy.\
- The Institute focused not on cultural capital or what we lacked, but the harvesting of cultural wealth, which helped us utilize our values and experiences to build awareness and knowledge about the rigors of the academy.
- I was a witness to social justice in action; an Institute that bridged various disciplines, institutions, and Communities of Color together.
- The University of Denver’s commitment to diversifying the academy is an incredible contribution and must continue to advance the success of faculty of color.
- I have been involved in several initiatives for scholars of color but I must tell you that DU’s Institute tops them all in terms of rolling out the red carpet and in terms of practical real world knowledge for those of us beginning our careers in the academy.
- This experience has inspired me and provided a much needed boost in continuing my journey to the doctorate.
- Your institute played a part in my decision to test the waters for a traditional career progression to assistant professor.
- Your institute provided that extra confirmation to pursue professorial life.
- Your institute showed me I need to be somewhere with the level of commitment to diversification; DU certainly seems to be one of those places.
- Fernando introduced DU to future academics in a way that they can tell their colleagues and friends DU is on the cutting edge and serious about promoting diversity.
- It was my intent to stay close to Arizona, however should an opportunity arise for employment at DU, I would enthusiastically apply.
- Although I had never considered DU as one of my job prospects, this pilot project made the environment quite appealing for teaching and conducting research.