As part of our mission to engage and support the embedding of Inclusive Excellence practices throughout the University, CME offers a variety of prepared and custom designed trainings and consultations, in addition to our ongoing programs.
CME invites the following Pioneers to take advantage of our expertise and networks:
- Administrators and staff, for work unit or employee group development
- Faculty/Instructors, for class presentations and engagement
- Student leaders, for organization development and training
- Individuals, for more focus conversations about resources and inclusion strategies
- Off-campus organizations and events, as part of our community outreach (Also see our Sponsorship page for additional options.)
Below are a brief list of possible topics/approaches, with which we begin conversations about possible presentations. For by-request sessions, please provide as much advance notice as possible, ideally at least two weeks out (so we can develop agendas. check/schedule facilitators, prepare materials, etc).
We offer the following workshops, available on request for groups or with open enrollment as indicated:
- Queer & Ally (Q&A) Trainings: Open-to-individuals trainings are offered each quarter, and sessions can be requested for offices, classes and organizations.
- An Introduction to Inclusive Excellence: This 1-2 hour session introduces groups to the Inclusive Excellence framework, its relation to University mission and values, and supports their connecting IE to their role and activities on campus. Longer sessions provide more time to develop specific work/role action plans.
- Inclusive Excellence: At Work in Our Area: This six-hour model engages specific work units to introduce Inclusive Excellence and related concepts, explore their impact on the operations of and dynamics within the unit, and develop initial workplans for better engaging IE in individual and team efforts. By request.
For Human Resources-connected sessions, employees can check the online calendar (select Training: HR under the Administrative Events section of the Choose Calendar menu) and/or consider relevant in-person and online sessions/courses.
We can also work with you to adapt existing or create entirely new workshops whose content and schedule best meet the needs of your unit or organization. Please review our Collaborative Workshop page for details and to submit your request.
In some cases, individuals or units/organizations can benefit from a conversation instead of or before a dedicated training. Our staff is happy to meet in person, speak by phone, or even email, to discuss specific situations or general approaches for greater inclusion. We can connect you to useful on- or off-campus resources, consider whether/what trainings might be effective, suggest possible proactive/reactive steps, and more. Contact our front desk or review staff bios to be connected with the CME staffer who might be best able to assist you.