Applicants must earn and submit proof of earning the equivalent of a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution prior to beginning graduate coursework at DU.
DU must receive transcripts from every previously attended institution, including study abroad and college coursework completed in high school. All U.S. transcripts must be official and received in the Office of Graduate Studies in a sealed envelope. University of Denver students and alumni do not need to provide DU transcripts as these will be requested by the Office of Graduate Studies.
Transcripts issued in a language other than English must be accompanied by a certified English translation. Students who have earned a degree outside the U.S. must also submit proof of graduation, typically through a degree certificate or diploma. If you have been educated outside the U.S., we encourage you to contact the Office of Graduate Studies for assistance regarding transcript-related materials. DU’s in-house foreign credential evaluation may take up to four weeks. This evaluation must be complete by the program’s stated deadline. Applicants with education credentials from outside of the U.S. are encouraged to apply early. The University of Denver will consider paper transcripts official when delivered to the University of Denver in a sealed envelope from the issuing institution or a third-party agency acting on behalf of the institution.
The University of Denver will consider electronic transcripts official from a domestic institution provided the following criteria are met:
1. The transcript is certified as official from the college or university using a third-party agency for the certification process. Approved agencies include Army/American Council on Education Registry Transcript System (AARTS), Docufide/Parchment, National Student Clearinghouse, Naviance, Royall and Company, and Scrip-Safe. Upon request, the Office of the Registrar will take into consideration a third-party vendor other than the aforementioned agencies.
2. The transcript must be received from the third-party agency by a University official.
3. The transcript must be a certified PDF document with no evidence of tampering. The transcript must be retrieved from a secure server. Emailed transcripts will not be considered official.
The University of Denver will consider electronic transcripts official from a foreign institution provided the following criteria are met:
1. The transcript is certified as official from World Education Services Inc. (WES). Certified transcripts will have been stamped by WES as either Verified or Received from the Institution.
2. The transcript must be received from the credential evaluation service by a University official.
3. The transcript must be a certified PDF document. The transcript must be retrieved from a secure server. Emailed transcripts will not be considered official.
The University of Denver reserves the right to reject transcripts or request additional information if there is any question about the authenticity of the document. Transcripts with course work in progress will not be considered final.