Skip navigation
Controller Banner

Controller's Office


Payroll Services is within the Shared Services Department.  For information regarding Kronos; including training, frequently asked questions, etc. please visit   The University of Denver has two payroll cycles, a monthly cycle and a biweekly cycle.

Typically the monthly cycle includes exempt professional benefited staff and faculty as well as adjunct faculty, graduate assistant, long term and one time non-appointed pays. The biweekly cycle includes non-exempt benefited support staff, union, work-study, student and non-benefited hourly employees.

Forms are available on the Human Resources webpage:

  • Payroll forms related to non-benefited hourly, adjunct, GXA, long term monthly and one time paid employees.
  • Payroll direct deposit forms for your pay.
  • Federal W-4 tax form to calculate your federal and state tax withholding.
  • Hand Check request form for special approved circumstances when a hand check may be required.
  • Redistributions of pay for approved budget purposes may be requested by completing the Payroll Redistribution form.

Electronic Timekeeping

Monthly Time Entry Directions


International Employees (Students, Post-Docs, & Visiting Professors)

Prior to receiving your first paycheck from the University, international students must contact the Payroll Office at (303) 871-3744 to schedule an appointment to determine your residency status for income tax purposes. In addition, if you are eligible for a tax treaty exemption, the required forms must be completed during this meeting. On average, the time necessary to complete all forms is 10 minutes.

The Payroll Office is located in Mary Reed Building, Room 107A. Appointments are available from 8:00 a.m. to 12:oo p.m.

For your meeting please bring the following original documents:

  • Passport
  • I-94 Arrival/Departure Record Card (small white card inside passport)
  • U.S. Visa
  • I-20 Certificate of Eligibility (F-1 visa holders)
  • DS-2019 Certificate of Eligibility (J-1 visa holders)
  • Social Security Card issued by the U.S. Social Security Administration or application receipt