CWLC Language Center Consultant
The Center for World Languages and Cultures is seeking Consultants for the Language Center in the Anderson Academic Commons to begin in the Fall Quarter of 2017. There are available positions for:
• English as a Second Language
Language Center Consultants work with undergraduate and graduate language learners to practice conversation, discuss grammar, improve writing skills, etc. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic and knowledgeable about the language(s) s/he wishes to tutor and the culture(s) associated with that language.
• Tutoring: Conversation in Target Language, explanation of grammar and culture related to Target Language, assistance in all phases of the writing process
• Reliable attendance at scheduled drop-in tutoring hours
• Outreach for the Language Center, including quarterly class visits
• Facilitation of review sessions, workshops, and conversation groups
• Proficiency exam proctoring
• Participation in online tutor training program and other training activities and meetings
• Customer service to patrons
Required Education and Qualifications
- 2+ years of Target Language study
- Target Language proficiency: Intermediate High (ACTFL) or B1 (CEFR)
Preferred Education and Qualifications
- Time spent studying Target Language in-country
- Target Language proficiency: Advanced Mid (ACTFL) or B2 (CEFR)
Hours: 4-10 hours per week
Hourly Rate: Undergraduate Consultants: $10.50/hour
Graduate Consultants: $13.00/hour
Timeframe: Beginning Fall Quarter 2017
To apply: Submit a cover letter, resume, writing sample in the Target Language, and reference list by May 14.
Please direct all applications and questions to Adrienne Gonzales at firstname.lastname@example.org.