Are you interested in studying a language not offered at DU? The Center for World Languages and Cultures has a Directed Independent Language Study (DILS) program to teach students less commonly taught languages outside the traditional DU classroom setting.
DILS programs are highly effective for students who do not require credit for the languages they wish to study, who do not have time to register for traditional face-to-face language courses or who wish to study languages not offered at DU.
Please see the DILS Program Description (PDF) for more information.
- For Credit DILS program: Please email Adrienne Gonzales for details regarding this program for the winter quarter.
- Non-credit DILS program:
Our DILS languages for winter, 2015, include Swahili and Hindi.
Winter Quarter 2015
- Applications due: December 5, 2014
- Contract & Payment due: December 19, 2014
- Self study begins: January 5, 2015
- Language partner meetings begin the week of: January 12, 2015
The cost for the winter, 2015 quarter is $350. Depending on the language, you also may need to purchase course materials.
To apply for the DILS program, please complete the application form and submit it to the CWLC.