To be an innovative resource center for the engaged learning, teaching, curricular integration, and practice of languages and cultures.
To promote engaged learning, teaching, and practice of the world's languages and cultures; to integrate languages and cultures into all disciplines and fields of study; and to build and support interculturally competent communities through the exploration and experience of languages and cultures at the University of Denver with its local and global communities and partners.
- To increase the number of opportunities for students to engage in language learning throughout their educational experience at DU
- To increase the number of students studying abroad in languages other than English
- To further DU's goals of internationalizing the campus
- To help coordinate the standards and assessment of language instruction across the University's divisions
- To provide support for DU's language programs at present and into the future
- To provide support for faculty in non-language programs to integrate language across the curriculum initiatives into their courses if they so wish
- To partner with external organizations and communities to support language learning and intercultural connections in serving the public good