Helpful Links for Language Learners
- The Main Library has a number of subscriptions for language-learning programs with lessons and practice in many languages, including Mango and Rosetta Stone.
- The University of Denver Office of Internationalization has a number of study abroad opportunities for students.
- Livemocha is a social networking site for language learners where you can chat with native speakers, complete lessons and exercises, and build friendships.
- Mentira is a choose-your-own-adventure murder mystery app designed to improve Spanish-language pragmatic skills. It's available as a free download for the iPhone and iPod Touch.
- At World Wide Internet Television, you can find streaming TV programming from countries all over the world.
- YellowBridge has innovative study aids for Chinese.
- The Consortium of Latin American Studies Programs keeps a list of Less Commonly Taught Intensive Summer Language Programs.
Helpful Links for Language Teachers
- The American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL) has many helpful links to publications and professional development materials.
- SMART Exchange allows teachers to download and share lessons, templates and ideas for SMART Board technology.
- The University of Texas at Austin has professional development modules for foreign language instruction at the high school and college levels.
- The SMaLL Portal shares and reviews resources, tools, activities, and research projects in the field of social media and web technology for world languages.
- Introduction to SMART Boards
- SMART Boards in the Language Classroom
- iPad Orientation