NEW! Introducing the CWLC Mobile iPad Learning Center
The CWLC is please to provide the Mobile iPad Learning Center - a set of 30 iPad 2 devices contained in a mobile cart that is available for DU language faculty to check out and use in the classroom. For more information please visit our Portfolio site. (please sign in to Portfolio using your WebCentral credentials and search for the Center for World Languages and Cultures Community Portfolio. Once there, tab to the Faculty Resources page.)
Sponsorship Request Forms
Helpful Links for Language Learners
- Penrose Library at the University of Denver has a number of subscriptions for language-learning programs. To access this material:
- Visit the library homepage.
- Click on the "Databases" tab.
- Select "Databases by Subject."
- Click on "Languages/Language Learning."
- Select "Language Learning—Most Useful."
- The University of Denver Office of Internationalization has a number of study abroad opportunities for students.
- Livemocha is a social networking site for language learners where you can chat with native speakers, complete lessons and exercises, and build friendships.
- Mentira is a choose-your-own-adventure murder mystery app designed to improve Spanish-language pragmatic skills. It's available as a free download for the iPhone and iPod Touch.
- At World Wide Internet TeleVision, you can find streaming TV programming from countries all over the world.
- YellowBridge has innovative study aids for Chinese.
- The Consortium of Latin American Studies Programs keeps a list of Less Commonly Taught Intensive Summer Language Programs.
Helpful Links for Language Teachers
- EducatorCityis a social networking site for foreign language teachers where you can share activities and participate in free webinars.
- The American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL) has many helpful links to publications and professional development materials.
- SMART Exchange allows teachers to download and share lessons, templates and ideas for SMART Board technology.
- The University of Texas at Austin has professional development modules for foreign language instruction at the high school and college levels.
- The SMaLL Portal shares and reviews resources, tools, activities, and research projects in the field of social media and web technology for world languages.
Upcoming Faculty Workshops for Fall quarter, 2013:
October 1, 1 - 2 pm
October 2, 12 - 1 pm
October 15, 2- 3 pm
October 16, 12 - 1 pm
- Introduction to SMART Boards
- SMART Boards in the Language Classroom
- iPad Orientation
The Center for World Languages and Cultures has a Netflix account with access to stream and order films in 32 languages. Stop by our office to peruse the list of available films.