Student Health Advisory Council (SHAC)
Mission of the University of Denver Student Health Advisory Council:
- To serve the Health and Counseling Center (HCC) as student advocates and to serve as liaison between the HCC and students, student government organizations, and University administration when appropriate.
- To represent the student body by helping to develop policies, services, and programs of the HCC and making recommendations to the HCC administration.
- To obtain student opinion on student health issues with the cooperation of the other health and student organizations.
- To insure quality health services by transmitting student concerns and interests to the HCC administration.
- To review and make recommendations related to the health and counseling fee and student health insurance plan.
- To assist in the recruitment of HCC professional staff as appropriate and to actively take part in the interviewing process.
- Fall – HCC Budget Review
- Winter – Patient/Client Satisfaction
- Spring – To be Determined
SHAC will be made up of the following positions:
3 Undergraduate Student Representatives
3 Graduate Student Representatives
1 Law School Representative
Each member will be paid a stipend of $250/quarter of membership. A SHAC Chairperson will be elected during the Fall Quarter and, due to increased responsibility will be paid a stipend of $300/quarter.
The following are expectations of SHAC members and if not maintained, the SHAC member may not be eligible for their stipend for that quarter:
- Compliance with the Attendance Policy, outlined below
- Work to achieve all of the SHAC objectives
- Be prepared for each meeting and be willing to dedicate time outside of meetings toward accomplishing tasks
- Actively engage with those you represent to solicit useful input and feedback regarding the HCC experience
The attendance policy is meant to ensure that SHAC is a productive organization, which accurately represents the DU student population.
- SHAC will meet up to 8 times per quarter
- Cannot miss more than 1 meeting a quarter (Unexcused)
- Excused absences handled on an individual basis by the SHAC Advisor