Urgent/Same Day Care (DU students only!)
What is it and how does it work?
For Mental Health Concerns
If during business hours, please call 303.871.2205 or come to the HCC for urgent mental health concerns. For after hours emergency calls, please call Campus Safety at 303.871.3000 and ask to speak to the "counselor-on-call." This service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to all university students.
For Illnesses or Injuries
- Please call ahead. A triage nurse will discuss your concerns with you and help determine whether your condition warrants an appointment the same day or the next.
- After talking to the triage nurse, one of the following options will be made available to you:
- You may be advised to go to an emergency room;
- You may be advised to come to the Health and Counseling Center immediately;
- You may be scheduled to come in to the Health and Counseling Center later the same day;
- You may be provided with home care instructions and given an appointment for the next day. If your symptoms worsen prior to your appointment, you are encouraged to call us back, or call the after hours line if the Health and Counseling Center is closed.
Phone numbers you need to know
To schedule an appointment for medical services, call 303.871.2205 and follow the instructions.
To speak to a nurse for advice or triage, call 303.871.4133.
For life-threatening emergencies:
On campus: Call 911 or Campus Safety, 303.871.3000 or x13000
Off campus: Call 911
After hours care and advice for illnesses and injuries
Call 303.871.2205 and follow the instructions on how to access the On-Call Physician.
For Mental Health appointments, call 303.871.2205.
For Mental Health emergencies after hours, call Campus Safety at x13000, and ask for the counselor on call.