Students who would like to apply for English conditional admission, please visit this page for more information.
For students who have already received English conditional admission (ECA) to an undergraduate program, please contact the Office of International Admission for assistance with the ELC application.
For students who have already received English conditional admission to a graduate program, please contact the Office of Graduate Studies for assistance with the ELC application.
Winter 2017 (Starts in January): The deadline for Winter 2017 applications is Monday, November 28th. If you are a transfer student interested in applying for Winter 2017, please contact us directly at (303)871-3075. ELC-only students may use the link below to apply. Students who have received English conditional admission (ECA) will need to contact their respective departments to access the ECA application.
Spring 2017 (Starts in March): Spring 2017 applications are now OPEN! ELC-only students may use the link below to apply. Students who have received English conditional admission (ECA) will need to contact their respective departments to access the ECA application.
Are you ready to study at the ELC?
Take this quiz to see if you are ready to study at the ELC!
To be successful here, students MUST have some knowledge or prior study of English before they begin. The ELC does not offer ESL courses for true beginners. Students must be able to read, write and speak English well enough to understand classroom commands, talk about family, home and themselves. Students may take this quiz to see if they are ready to study at the ELC.
IMPORTANT: If a student arrives at the ELC for orientation and testing and tests into a true beginner level he or she will be asked to transfer to another program.
The ELC accepts applications throughout the year. ELC quarters fill up quickly, and there is no waiting list. Please check the "Application Updates" section above for the latest updates.
A completed application packet includes:
- A completed application form
- A $75 non-refundable application fee (paid by credit card, check, or wire transfer)
- A copy of the passport name page
- An ORIGINAL letter of financial guarantee (letters may be submitted in electronic form)
Transfer students will also need to submit:
- Copy of I-20 from current school
- Copy of US visa
- Copy of latest transcripts
under 18 policy
Additional requirements for international students under age 18 (at the start of orientation):
- A University of Denver Health and Counseling Parental Consent Form signed by a parent or legal guardian
- Satisfactory demonstration of one of the following:
- Student Sponsorship: The student is sponsored by a reputable agency, representative, or company that has an adult over the age of twenty-five (25) living within the United States who will serve as a 24/7 resource for the student and can travel to Denver on short notice.
- Family or Friends: The student has a family member or close family friend over the age of twenty-five (25) who lives within the United States and is willing and able to serve as a 24/7 resource for the student and can travel to Denver on short notice.
If you will be under age 18 at the start of orientation, please read the policy for international students under 18.
applying to the elc
Applicants will be prompted to create a username and password to submit an application. Each applicant must have their own login information. Please do not use the same login information as another applicant as it causes delays in the admission process.
Applications are not considered complete until all required documents have been submitted. After an application is complete, it will be processed within one week. Please submit your complete application as soon as possible as space is limited for all quarters. Until you have submitted all application items and received an e-mail confirmation from the ELC, there is no guarantee that there is space available. ELC quarters fill up quickly, and there is no waiting list.
After a student has applied and been accepted to the ELC, an I-20 (certificate of eligibility for students) will be created. The I-20 is a document students need to apply for a student visa. Once a student's I-20 is ready, instructions on how to setup a shipment through eShipGlobal will be e-mailed. Shipping is at the student's expense. Students may choose UPS, FedEx, or DHL to ship their acceptance packet.
To apply, click on the link below (ELC-ONLY STUDENTS): English Language Center Application
For more details on the application documents and process, contact us.