Please be aware of any potential safety issues when planning an event. In general, please note the following:
- To access the building or room where your event is taking place you may sometimes need to notify Campus Safety in advance. This is generally true for events during the weekend or during academic breaks, but schedules vary from one building to the next. Please contact the appropriate Building Representative to check the building schedule. When needed please notify Michael Holt, Assistant Director of Campus Safety, in advance to request that your venue be unlocked for your event.
- Candles may not be lit anywhere on campus without a fire permit. Special Event Temporary Open Flame Permits can be obtained through the City and County of Denver. For more information, please click here to visit the Denver Fire Department website. Once you have obtained the Fire Permit, you must e-mail a copy to Ty Mills, Associate Director of Campus Safety.
- Fireworks are illegal in Denver County and may not be used on the DU Campus. This includes small fireworks such as sparklers.
- Additional security may be necessary if the event poses a high risk to the university. To determine whether or not your event requires the presence of a Campus Safety officer, please contact Campus Safety at X12334 to discuss your event details.
- For emergencies please call 911 and then notify Campus Safety at X13000. For more information, please visit the Campus Safety website here.
Visitor lots are available on campus, where guests may park for $1 per hour (for up to 5-hour increments) and pay with cash or credit. Because visitor parking is limited, ordering passes through Parking Services is recommended for events of more than 20 attendees.
- To order permits, please fill out the online parking request form. Permit requests must be submitted five (5) business days before the event date.
- Argus Staffing Services provides support for campus events that require the presence of a parking attendant to distribute passes, collect cash for parking fees, or monitor the lot. To request such services, please contact Argus Parking Manager Lisa Wosachlo at firstname.lastname@example.org or 720.620.6005. When requesting parking staff, please notify Parking Services through the online parking request form.
When using valet services, please notify Parking services through the online parking request form. Please also be aware that in addition to the general liability coverage required from all third party vendors, Risk Management requires the following documentation from valet service providers:
- Automobile Liability Coverage (if driving valet company cars on DU property)
- Garage Keeper's Legal Liability (bailee custody coverage)
- Workers' Compensation
For more information, please see the University's Insurance Standard Terms and Conditions and/or contact Risk Management at X12354.
Copyright © 2010 DU Conference and Event Services
2199 S. University Blvd., Denver, Colorado 80208
(303) 871-4333 - email@example.com