Skip navigation

Conference & Event Services

Weddings Header Image


Do I have to be affiliated with DU to get married there?

While many wedding clients are DU students, alumni, faculty or staff, you do not have to be affiliated with DU in order to hold your wedding here. We welcome all visitors and members of the community to inquire about our wedding venues.

Can I bring my own officiant for my wedding ceremony?

Yes, we do not provide officiants for weddings so you are encouraged to bring your own. Please refer to our vendors page for recommendations.

Can you recommend a vendor for my wedding?

Please refer to our vendors page for a list of local florists, photographers, and other services.

Can I bring candles?

Candles are permitted only during wedding ceremonies in the Evans Memorial Chapel. All other locations require a Special Event Open Flame Permit. Please visit our Policies & Procedures page for more information.

Can I have fireworks at my wedding?

Due to fire safety precautions, fireworks (including sparklers) are not allowed anywhere on the University of Denver campus. Fireworks are also illegal in the City and County of Denver.