Facilities Event Set-Up and Production Services
The Department of Facilities Management & Planning provides Event Set-up & Production services on an as needed basis per written request and the services are billable.
All service requests are processed using the Department of Facilities Management & Planning’s online work order system. No facsimiles or voicemail requests will be accepted.
To initiate a Work Request, please click here.
For an Event Set–up request template to attach to the work order, please click here.
The Department of Facilities Management provides event support service in the following areas:
• Production consulting
• Large venue conversions
• Room sets
• Stage sets
• Chair sets
• Floor coverings
• Rigging assistance
• Spot light operation
• Day of event production assistance
• Technical assistance related to mechanical and electrical systems
• House power and lighting
• Equipment operation
• Event Equipment drop off & pick-up
The Department of Facilities Management can provide tables, chairs, trash cans, recycle bins and podiums; however, their availability is limited by quantity.
Rental equipment drop off & pick up (tables, chairs, trash cans, etc.) have a (1) hour minimum labor charge plus the rental of the items.
All Event Sets & Production services are billable and have a (2) hour minimum labor charge for set ups.
Rates for services are located at <<link>>. Rates are subject to change with 60 days notice based on market conditions.
To initiate a Work Request, please click here.
As a helpful Guide for DU Faculty & Staff please visit the University of Denver Self-Management Guide at: http://www.du.edu/eventplanner/
Conversion & Production Services Operating Procedures:
• The Department of Facilities Management & Planning does not assist
with room reservations or space rental. After a reservation has been placed and confirmed, the Department of Facilities Management will assist with event set up requirements.
• Those desiring assistance will submit allservice requests by utilizing the University’s Work Order System, minimally, five working days prior to the event.
• When requests are made with less than five working days notice, the Department of Facilities Management will do its best to accommodate, but cannot guarantee success because of the uncertainty of available labor. Because to premiums in labor and administration due to late notification, the requesting department will be charged double the normal recharge rate.
• Servicerequests need provide all relevant event details including technical information (rigging, electricdistribution, or other), and any other consideration needed for the Facilities Management staff to successfully provide service for the event. Please include:
• Date of event.
• Specific location, including building and room number.
• Venue availability and the specific time the event should be set- up should be complete.
• Service requested (preparation, set-up, clean- up)
• Whether or not labor support is needed during the event?
• Venue availability after the event and deadline for clearing the event set- up.
• Is equipment needed e.g. tables & chairs.
• Contact name, department and telephone number.
• Is power or water required?
• Please attach any diagrams to the work order if necessary.
• Upon receipt of the Event Service Request, the Department of Facilities Management will provide a reply receipt and will forward any questions for points of clarification.
• The requestor is responsible for the security of items until pick-up by Facilities Management. If items are lost or stolen, the requesting Department will be recharged for replacement costs. Additional fees may also be charged for resetting events due to items being moved or displaced after the event set- up is complete. The Department of Facilities Management will detail the set- up in accord with the work request including digital photos of the set. The Department of Facilities Management cannot, however, guarantee the security of the items placed after the set-up is complete and we have left the venue.
• In order to maintain work flow and control costs, during the production of any event, the Department of Facilities Management will take direction from a single representative (Event Manager) who is a duly authorized University employee.
• Any alteration to the facility or grounds by, or on behalf of an outside entity, must be approved in advance of the event.
For additional questions please contact the Auxiliary Facilities Management customer service desk at 303.871.4651 from Monday through Friday between the hours of 8AM to 4:30 PM. To initiate a Work Request, please click here.
In case of an emergency please utilize the emergency pager number 303.851.6290 or cell phone number 303.435.2128.If the emergency