Facilities Event Set-Up and Production Services
The Department of Facilities Management & Planning provides Event Set-up & Production services on an as needed basis per written request and the services are billable.
All service requests are processed using the Department of Facilities Management & Planning’s online work order system. No facsimiles or voicemail requests will be accepted.
The Department of Facilities Management provides event support service in the following areas:
• Production consulting
• Large venue conversions
• Room sets
• Stage sets
• Chair sets
• Day of event production assistance (with expedite charge)
• Assistance with HVAC and temporary Electrical
• Assistance with Irriagation shut-off and Grounds clean-up
• Event Equipment drop off & pick-up
The Department of Facilities Management can provide tables, chairs, trash cans, recycle bins; however, their availability is limited by quantity.
Rental equipment drop off & pick up (tables, chairs, trash cans, etc., plus labor is chargeable)
To initiate a Work Request, please click here.
As a helpful Guide for DU Faculty & Staff please visit the University of Denver Self-Management Guide at: http://www.du.edu/eventplanner/
Conversion & Production Services Operating Procedures:
• The Department of Facilities Management & Planning does not assist with
room reservations or space rental. After a reservation has
been placed and confirmed, the Department of Facilities Management
will assist with event set up requirements.
• Those desiring assistance will submit all service requests by utilizing the
University’s Work Order System, a minimum seven ( 7 ) working days
prior to the event.
• When requests are made with less than seven ( 7 ) working days notice, the
Department of Facilities Management will do its best to accommodate,
but cannot guarantee success because of the uncertainty of available
labor. Because to premiums in labor and administration due to late
notification, the requesting department will be charged double the
normal recharge rate.
• Servicerequests need provide all relevant event details including technical
information (rigging, electricdistribution, or other), and any other
consideration needed for the Facilities Management staff to successfully
provide service for the event. Please include:
• Date of event.
• Specific location, including building and room number.
• Venue availability and the specific time the event should be set- up should
• Service requested (preparation, set-up, clean- up)
• Whether or not labor support is needed during the event?
• Venue availability after the event and deadline for clearing the event
• Is equipment needed e.g. tables & chairs.
• Contact name, department and telephone number.
• Is power or water required?
• Please attach any diagrams to the work order if necessary.
• Upon receipt of the Event Service Request, the Department of Facilities
Management will provide a reply receipt and will forward any questions for
points of clarification.
• The requestor is responsible for the security of items until pick-up by
Facilities Management. If items are lost or stolen, the requesting
Department will be recharged for replacement costs. Additional fees may
also be charged for resetting events due to items being moved or
displaced after the event set-up is complete. The Department of
Facilities Management will detail the set- up in accord with the work
request including digital photos of the set. The Department of Facilities
Management cannot,however, guarantee the security of the items placed
after the set-up is complete and we have left the venue.
• In order to maintain work flow and control costs, during the production of
any event, the Department of Facilities Management will take direction from
a single representative (Event Manager) who is a duly authorized University
• Any alteration to the facility or grounds by, or on behalf of an outside
entity, must be approved in advance of the event.
For additional questions please contact the Auxiliary Facilities Management customer service desk at 303.871.4954 from Monday through Friday between the hours of 8AM to 4:30 PM. To initiate a Work Request, please click here.
In case of an emergency please utilize the emergency pager number 303.851.6290 or cell phone number 303.435.2128.If the emergency