Our mission is to provide an environment for learning and discovery at the University of Denver. As professional employees, we support Denver University’s mission by providing quality services and the management of physical assets, and the stewardship of resources in accordance with University policies, values, regulatory requirements, and best practice standards.
One of the University's stated goals is to achieve financial, operational, human, and environmental resource sustainability. We will fulfill our mission while using environmentally responsible cleaning products, equipment, and sustainable processes. Custodial Services will be recognized for providing effective, economical and innovative facilities services and solutions through people and systems, which are accessible, friendly and responsive.
The Custodial Services division of Facilities Management is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of all interior spaces in Academic, Administrative buildings as well as dining halls and common spaces in Residence buildings. 82% of our spaces are cleaned to a standard known as APPA Level 2 and 18% are cleaned at APPA Level 1; the highest industry standard. We use environmentally friendly fragrance free cleaning products that are third party certified.
To reach our offices, call 303-871-4819 from 7:30 AM until 6:00 PM or after hours, call the Facilities Main Office at 303-871-2200
Areas of Responsibility
- Regular cleaning of buildings (e.g., trash, sweeping, dusting)
- Periodic cleaning (e.g., carpet shampooing, floor finishing, window cleaning)
- Support snow removal operations
- Trash collection from central locations (via an outside vendor)
- Window cleaning (except when scheduled by Custodial Services)
- Support of special events; recycle and general cleaning (scheduled/chargeable)