The Faculty Senate
Recalling its previous decision to endorse the development of a DU Honor Code,.
Noting the decision in June of the board of Trustees to adopt an Honor Code for
Noting the support for the Honor Code by the undergraduate and graduate student
Mindful of the need for facuty control over the form of its participation in
any honor code system.
- Endorses the attached draft
Univeristy of Denver Honor Code.
- Directs the Academic Planning Committee and the Student Relations Committee to
work with the Provost and his designees in drafting the proposed "University of
Denver Honor Code Procedures Governing Students."
- Directs the Personnel Commitee to begin work on revisions to the "Faculty Personnel Guidelines Relating to
Appointment, Promotion and Tenure" that may be necessary for full faculty
participation in a university-wide honor code.
- Encourages the Provost to involve the Staff Advisory Council, centally and from
the outset, in any revisions of the "Employee Handbook of Personnel
- Guideline & Procedures" that may be occasioned by the need to implement the
- Asks the Provost or his designee to report to the Senate during the winter
quarter on proposed Honor Code procedures for faculty embers serving in administrative