Proposed Senate Election Schedule and Procedures
After a review of the terms of current members et al., the Nominations, Credentials, and Rules Committee has determined that elections will have to be held to fill the following positions:
March 10, 2000 NCR Meeting:
- Review Election Forms and Brainstorm Names
- Make Report to Senate on Election.
- Solicit names from entire faculty for at large position(s) and Faculty Athletic Committee position (Due to Charmayne Shockley no later than April 3).
- Solicit names from various units for Senate representation (Due to Charmayne Shockley no later than April 3)
May 5, 2000 NCR Meeting
- Work out names of future committees
- Finalize candidates for all positions
- Tabulate ballots for At Large Senate slot(s), Faculty Athletic Committee slot, and Senate Representatives for various units.
- Report new At Large Senator(s), Faculty Athletic Committee Representative, and Senate Representatives for various units.
- Review committee preference forms and give committee preference forms to new senators (Charmayne will distribute via email).
May 19, 2000 NCR Meeting
- Finalize committee assignments
- Senate elects Secretary, at large Executive Committee member, FEAC representative and Chairperson of Faculty Forum/Newsletter.
- Committees meet to elect chairpersons.