(March 4, 2014) At DU, we believe that an individual's health is their greatest asset. To support you and your family in caring for your greatest asset, we offer a significant premium credit for individuals who complete the Wellness Incentive Program. If you (and your covered spouse/partner) complete the program by May 15, 2014, you will receive a significant premium credit for the plan year beginning July 1, 2014. If your spouse/partner is covered on the DU Kaiser Permanente plan, you both must complete the Total Health Assessment (online) and biometric screening (on campus or at a KP clinic) to receive the incentive. Your results will be confidential; DU will only receive notice that you have completed the THA and biometric screening in order to process your reduced premium payment.
To earn the incentive, you (and your covered spouse/partner) will need to complete two components (your results will be confidential; DU will only receive notice that you have completed the THA and biometric screening):
Total Health Assessment (THA)
Sign in to kp.org to take this 20-30 minute personal health assessment online.
We recommend you take the THA after completing your biometrics to receive the most accurate report of your health risks. This component may be completed anytime from July 1, 2013 through May 15, 2014.
Schedule an appointment at www.pickatime.com/DUScreenings to attend an on-campus screening to receive:
- Blood pressure
- Total cholesterol
- Blood sugar (glucose)
- Body Mass Index
- Fasting for eight hours prior to the test provides the most accurate test results however; you may participate in a non-fasting test. Please visit the wellness incentive FAQ page for requirements when fasting.
- If you choose to fast, please remember to keep yourself hydrated by drinking water during the fasting period.
- Be prepared to provide your KP member number and DU ID
- Appointments must be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance
- Each participant must schedule their own appointment
- Your results will be confidential; DU will only receive notice that you have completed the THA and biometric screening in order to process your reduced premium payment
Biometric screening dates (all dates held in the Renaissance Room, Mary Reed Building):
- Thursday, March 20, 7-11 a.m.
- Tuesday, April 8, 7-11 a.m.
- Thursday, April 10, 7-11 a.m.
- Wednesday, April 16, 7-11 a.m.
- Friday, April 18, 7-11 a.m.
- Tuesday, April 22, 6-10:30 p.m.
- Thursday, April 24, 7-11 a.m.
If you cannot attend an on-campus screening or have had a biometric screening at a KP clinic after July 1, 2013, please visit www.du.edu/wellness/incentive or email email@example.com for more details.
eat well@du healthy recipes of the week!
(March 4, 2014) North African Chicken Curry
(March 4, 2014) Hitting the grocery store after work with everyone else can be a daunting and stressful task—but it doesn't have to be. Registered Dietician Holly Klamer will lead you on a tour of your favorite grocery store and help you to make better choices, read labels quickly and shop more efficiently with meal planning tips and shopping lists. Learn when to buy fresh vs. frozen and organic vs. non-organic. Who knew – it's even possible to shop healthy at bulk stores such as Costco.
Due to limited space please choose only one workshop to attend - future series will be offered giving you a chance to attend a different grocery store. Please register through webCentral under Training: Wellness.
King Soopers - Tuesday, March 4, 4-5 p.m.
3495 S. University Blvd., Englewood
Sprouts - Tuesday, March 11, 4-5 p.m.
2880 S. Colorado Blvd., Denver
Costco - Tuesday, March 18, 4-5 p.m.
4000 River Point Pkwy., Sheridan
(Note: you do not need to be Costco a member to attend but you will need a membership if you plan to shop.)