DU WiFi replaces PioneerNet
(July 28, 2015) UTS announced last week that DU WiFI, replacing PioneerNet, is now up and running. PioneerNet will only be available until Aug. 3, so you’ll want to switch to DU WiFi as soon as possible. For information on how to connect, visit go.du.edu/wifi.
Employee Appreciation Lunch
Thursday, Aug. 20, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. –Ritchie Circle (in front of Mary Reed)
Mark your calendar for this year’s annual Employee Appreciation Lunch! The Staff Advisory Council is working with departments to collect RSVPs, and will distribute wrist bands to designated contacts within each area. Please note: the Employee Appreciation Lunch is for University employees only. If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact Lisa Westendorf at email@example.com or Theresa Hernandez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DU Finishes 5th in Men's Capital One Cup Standings
(July 28, 2015) After a very competitive athletics year, the Capital One Cup final men's standings were announced with the University of Denver coming in at No. 5. The Pioneers earned 72 points toward the Capital One Cup thanks to a national championship in men's lacrosse as well as top 10 finishes in men's skiing and ice hockey. Last year, DU ranked No. 19 in the men's final standings, making for an impressive 14-place boost. The Capital One Cup is an NCAA athletics award that honors the top men's and women's college athletics program in the country.
Ritchie Center Flood impact update
(July 28, 2015) As you may have noticed, the construction activity around the Ritchie Center has been extensive over the past several weeks as we work to get back to normal from the flooding that occurred on June 24. We’d like to provide some updates:
- The entire first floor of the Ritche Center remains a construction zone; we have made temporary accommodations for Sports Medicine and the equipment room.
- We are replacing the floors in Hamilton Gymnasium.
- Coors Fitness Center is operational; we’ve made accommodations for the locker room damage and the weight room flooring will be replaced.
- PASS Camp continues to operate with registrations at capacity for this summer.
Ritchie Center flooding update
(July 14, 2015) As we continue to dry and repair the damage from the recent floods, here are a few updates to progress on the Ritchie Center:
- Coors Fitness Center is operational with accommodations being made for locker room damage.
- Joy Burns and Magness Arena are operational with accommodations being made for locker room damage.
- Barton, Diane Wendt Sports Field and CIBER are open as scheduled.
- Elevators received water damage and are unavailable until further notice.
- Due to reduced activity space, PASS Camp registration has been capped for the remainder of the summer.
- Access is limited to sections of the building.
PioneerNet to be replaced
(July 7, 2015) This summer, University Technology Services is replacing PioneerNet with a new, more user-friendly and reliable campuswide wireless networking system. The new system will have options for guest access, and general and restricted usage for those needing to access services that require a high level of security. Please watch your email for more details on accessing the new system.
DU hosts American Association of University Professors 2015 Summer Institute
(July 7, 2015) DU is hosting this series of workshops and seminars July 23-26 that aim to prepare university faculty members to organize colleagues, stand up for academic freedom and advocate for research and teaching as the core priority of higher education.