All types of institutional aid at DU is awarded by individual graduate departments instead of our office. Therefore, if you have questions about the opportunities listed below, you should contact your graduate school directly.
Graduate Teaching/Research Assistantships (GTA/GRA)
Assistantships are merit awards that include both a tuition waiver and a stipend and incorporate a teaching or research component into your studies. Application and eligibility requirements vary by department, and may be part of the application process. Please note: Students cannot have both a work-study position and a GTA/GRA position simultaneously and must choose to have only one or the other.
Graduate Studies Doctoral Fellowships
Doctoral fellowships are awarded by academic departments to PhD students enrolled for at least 8 credits per term. Award amounts vary from $1,000 to $5,000 annually.
Departmental Grants & Scholarships
Generally, students are considered for departmental scholarships at the time of admission to a graduate program. This gift aid can be based on merit and/or financial need and usually requires full-time attendance. For further information regarding financial aid opportunities in your department, use the appropriate links below or contact your department directly.
- Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences: 303-871-4449 or email@example.com
- Daniels College of Business: 303-871-2438 or Marilyn.Hughes@du.edu
- DU\Iliff Joint PhD Program: 303-765-3136 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Morgridge College of Education: 303-871-2509 or email@example.com
- Daniel Felix Ritchie School of Engineering and Computer Science: 303-871-3787 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Josef Korbel School of International Studies: 303-871-2544 or email@example.com
- Natural Sciences and Mathematics: 303-871-2693 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Graduate School of Professional Psychology: 303-871-2736 or email@example.com
- Graduate School of Social Work: 303-871-2886 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Graduate Tax Program: 303-871-6239
- University College: 303-871-2291 or email@example.com