In this update:
- Spring Quarter Disbursement of Aid and Refunds
- Summer Aid Application Available April 1st
- When to Expect Your 2014-15 Award Letter
- Celebrate National Student Employment Appreciation Week
- Upcoming Important Dates
Spring Quarter Disbursement of Aid & Refunds
Your DU tuition bill is due on March 14th. On that date, your financial aid for spring quarter will disburse to your student account and will pay toward your charges—as long as all financial aid requirements are satisfied.
In order to receive your financial aid, you must:
- be registered for at least 4 credits,
- have accepted your financial aid through PioneerWeb, and
- have no outstanding requirements on the Student tab of webCentral, (which is indicated by a red flag).
Expecting a refund? If your financial aid is more than the total of your charges, a refund will be generated by the Bursar's Office on Tuesday, March 18th. If you haven't done so already, we recommend setting up direct deposit to receive your refund sooner. If you have direct deposit, you can expect to see your refund on your bank account on March 19th.
Remember: DU Health insurance is only charged in the fall and spring quarters, so if you are expecting a refund for spring quarter, it may be smaller than than the refund you received in winter quarter. Did you know you can calculate your estimated refund through PioneerWeb? Go to the Student tab and click on the "Spring Quarter 2014" link in the My Account box. Then, subtract your total "Term Credits and Payments" from "Term Charges." If the result is a positive number, you'll receive that amount in a refund.
Learn more about billing and disbursement >>
Summer Aid Application Available April 1st
Are you planning to take classes during the summer quarter and need financial aid? If so, you will need to submit a summer aid application through webCentral. This application will be available on April 1st, and is required for anyone who wishes to receive federal aid—including loans—for the summer term. You'll receive an email from our office when you can log on and submit the application.
Learn more about the application process and your eligibility for both institutional and federal aid on our website.
When to Expect Your 2014-15 Award Letter
Wondering when you'll receive your financial aid award letter for the 2014-15 school year? Have you already applied? Remember the priority deadline to apply for aid is March 15th!
Be sure you have also completed all of your financial aid requirements by logging into PioneerWeb. Just go to the Student tab and review the "Financial Aid Requirements" box. Anything with a red flag next to it is still outstanding and must be submitted before we can create an award package for you.
We will start sending award letter notifications via email to current students who have completed all application requirements in late May. These emails will be sent to your preferred address. Verify that you have the correct email address on file by going to the Student tab of PioneerWeb and clicking on "Set Your Preferred Email Address."
Celebrate National Student Employment Appreciation Week
Celebrate National Student Employment Appreciation Week with us at DU's 2nd Annual Coffee Break! Join us on Wednesday, April 16th beginning at 8:30 a.m. on the Driscoll Lawn for free Duffey rolls and coffee (in a new travel mug!). Since we are celebrating all student employees and supervisors, this event is open to the entire campus community. Coffee and Duffey rolls are first come, first served - so stop by early! And a big THANK YOU to all student employees for everything you do for DU!
Upcoming Important Dates
- Friday, March 14th: Financial aid disbursement for spring quarter
- Saturday, March 15th: Priority deadline to apply for financial aid for the 2014-15 academic year
- Monday, March 17th: First day of classes for spring quarter
- Tuesday, March 18th: Financial aid refunds generated by the Bursar's Office
- Sunday, March 30th: Last day to add/drop classes at 100% for spring quarter
- Tuesday, April 1st: Summer aid application is available in webCentral
- Wednesday, April 16th: Student Employee Appreciation Coffee Break on Driscoll Lawn (beginning 8:30 a.m.)
- Friday, May 9th: Priority deadline to apply for summer aid