In this update:
- Spring Quarter Disbursement of Aid and Refunds
- Summer Aid Application Available April 1st
- When to Expect Your 2015-16 Award Letter
- DU Departmental Scholarship Application Available
- Maintaining Aid Eligibility: Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
- Celebrate National Student Employment Appreciation Week
- Upcoming Important Dates
Spring Quarter Disbursement of Aid & Refunds
Your DU tuition bill is due on March 13th. On that date, your financial aid for spring quarter will disburse to your student account and will pay toward your charges—as long as all financial aid requirements are satisfied.
In order to receive your financial aid, you must:
- be registered for classes (learn about enrollment requirements),
- have accepted your financial aid through PioneerWeb, and
- have no outstanding requirements on the Student tab of PioneerWeb, (which is indicated by a red flag).
Expecting a refund? If your financial aid is more than the total of your charges, a refund will be generated by the Bursar's Office on Tuesday, March 17th. If you haven't done so already, we recommend setting up direct deposit to receive your refund sooner. If you have direct deposit, you can expect to see your refund in your bank account on March 18th.
Did you know you can calculate your estimated refund through PioneerWeb? Go to the Student tab and click on the "Spring Quarter 2015" link in the My Account box. Then, subtract your total "Term Credits and Payments" from "Term Charges." If the result is a positive number, you'll receive that amount in a refund.
Learn more about billing and disbursement >>
Summer Aid Application Available April 1st
Are you planning to take classes during the summer quarter and need financial aid? If so, you will need to submit a summer aid application through PioneerWeb. This application will be available on April 1st, and is required for anyone who wishes to receive institutional and/or federal aid for the summer term. You'll receive an email from our office when you can log on and submit the application.
Learn more about the application process and your eligibility for both institutional and federal aid on our website.
When to Expect Your 2015-16 Award Letter
Wondering when you'll receive your financial aid award letter for the 2015-16 school year? Have you already applied? Remember the priority deadline to apply for aid is March 15th!
Be sure you have also completed all of your financial aid requirements by logging into PioneerWeb. Go to the Student tab and review the "Financial Aid Requirements" box. Anything with a red flag next to it is still outstanding and must be submitted before we can create an award package for you.
We will start sending award letter notifications via email to current students who have completed all application requirements in late May. These emails will be sent to your preferred address. Verify that you have the correct email address on file by going to the Student tab of PioneerWeb and clicking on the "Set Your Preferred Email Address" link.
DU Departmental Scholarship Application Available
Did you know there are over 350 DU departmental scholarships available for next year? To be considered for these awards, you must complete an online application through PioneerWeb. This application, which automatically syncs to your student record to determine initial eligibility, is only available through April 10th.
To apply for 2015-16 departmental scholarships:
- Log into PioneerWeb.
- Go to the Student tab.
- Click on the "DU Departmental Scholarship Application" link located in the Financial Aid Awards box.
Many scholarships require some financial need, which is determined by your FAFSA, CSS PROFILE and any other documents requested for the verification process. Please ensure that you have all of your required materials submitted by reviewing your Financial Aid Requirements on the Student tab of PioneerWeb. Each department will select their scholarship recipients and will send notifications by the beginning of June.
Maintaining Your Aid Eligibility:
Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
Did you know you must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) to remain eligible for all types of financial aid (including loans)? Federal regulations require us to review your academic progress on an annual basis—usually in mid-summer. So what does this mean?
In order to continue receiving financial aid, you must:
- maintain a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 (2.5 for accounting majors),
- complete and pass a minimum of 80% of all courses attempted (66.67% for Colorado Women's College and University College students), and
- complete your degree within 125% of the minimum credits required to graduate.
Students who are not making Satisfactory Academic Progress will be placed on financial aid suspension and will not receive any further financial aid disbursements until a Probation Contract is completed.
For more information, please review the SAP policy on our website.
Celebrate National Student Employment Appreciation Week
Celebrate National Student Employment Appreciation Week with us at DU's 3rd Annual Coffee Break! Join us on Wednesday, April 15th beginning at 8:30 a.m. on the Driscoll Lawn for free Duffey rolls and coffee (in a new travel mug!). Since we are celebrating all student employees and supervisors, this event is open to the entire campus community. Coffee and Duffey rolls are first come, first served - so stop by early! And a big THANK YOU to all student employees for everything you do for DU!
Upcoming Important Dates
- Friday, March 13th: Financial aid disbursement for spring quarter
- Sunday, March 15th: Priority deadline to apply for financial aid for the 2015-16 academic year
- Tuesday, March 17th: Financial aid refunds generated by the Bursar's Office
- Monday, March 23rd: First day of classes for spring quarter
- Sunday, March 29th: Last day to add/drop classes at 100% for spring quarter
- Wednesday, April 1st: Summer aid application available in PioneerWeb
- Friday, April 10th: Last day to submit the DU Departmental Scholarship Application
- Wednesday, April 15th: Student Employee Appreciation Coffee Break on Driscoll Lawn (beginning 8:30 a.m.)
- Friday, May 8th: Priority deadline to apply for summer aid