Skip navigation
Undergraduate Financial Aid

Undergraduate Financial Aid

Information for Dual-Degree Students

Students enrolled in an approved dual undergraduate/graduate degree program are able to receive a bachelor's degree and a master's degree within a shorter time period than it would take to earn the two degrees separately.

Financial Aid Implications

  • Undergraduate Aid: As a dual-degree student, you are considered an undergraduate during the first four years of your program, and you should file your FAFSA and CSS PROFILE as such. You are eligible to receive your undergraduate scholarships and grants for those four years as well.
  • Graduate Aid: Once you begin the 5th year of a dual-degree program, you are considered a graduate student, and are no longer eligible for your undergraduate scholarships and grants. You should file your FAFSA as a graduate student (no CSS PROFILE is needed), and contact your graduate program about any merit-based aid they have available. Federal loan eligibility will increase for most students because of the higher graduate student borrowing maximum.
  • Exceptions:
    • Students in the 6-year Bachelors/JD Program with the Sturm College of Law are considered an undergraduate student during the first three years of the program, and are then considered a graduate student during years 4-6.
    • Boettcher and Daniels Fund scholars are eligible for their tuition assistance through the fifth year of a dual-degree program.

If you have specific questions about how your financial aid may be affected, please contact our office.