After you have applied for financial aid, you will be receive an email when your financial aid award will be available for you to view and accept through webCentral. We encourage you to use the following resources to help you understand your award and learn the next steps you need to take in order to secure your financial aid.
Your financial aid award letter will list all of the financial aid offered to you as well as your cost of attendance.
Log into webCentral.
If this is your first time logging in, your passcode will be your 6-digit birthday in the MMDDYY format.
- Go to the Student or Admitted Students tab.
- Click on "View a PDF of Award Letter."
- Select the 2014-2015 Aid Year from the drop-down box.
Your financial aid award may contain a combination of scholarships, work-study and student loans. Please review the Guide to Your 2014-15 Financial Aid Award to ensure you fully understand your rights and responsibilities as a recipient of financial aid at DU.
Download our estimated billing worksheet to estimate both the direct and indirect costs of attending school each quarter. The cost of attendance and financial aid listed on your award letter will help you calculate your estimated balance due. It's important to note that all financial aid, with the exception of work-study, is paid first to your education-related expenses billed by the University of Denver. If the amount of financial aid that has paid is greater than the amount owed, you will receive a refund for the credit balance.
After calculating your costs, you may determine that there will be a balance due each term. Learn how to manage this unmet cost through payment plans and alternative financing options.
After reviewing your financial aid award and estimating your bill, you may accept, reduce or decline the offered aid through webCentral. After logging in:
- Go the Student or Admitted Students tab.
- Click on "View and Accept Award Offer."
- Choose the 2014-2015 Aid Year.
- Click on the Terms and Conditions tab toward the top of the page, read through and click "Accept."
- Click on the Accept Award Offer tab accept, reduce or decline each award. Click "Submit." (Please note: some merit awards may be automatically accepted on your behalf.)
You can also watch our accepting your award video to get step-by-step instructions on accepting your financial aid.
If you were offered loans as a part of your financial aid package, there are additional steps you must take to secure that funding.