We are currently accepting applications for the MA-International Disaster Psychology program for Fall 2015 consideration.
- APA accredited since 1979 - one of the first PsyD programs in the US
- Supervised clinical training begins the first quarter in our own clinic and in 130+ field placement sites throughout the Denver community
- Learn theory and practice from faculty who are active in their specialty areas
- High national internship match rate achieved by our well-prepared students - exclusively affiliated internship consortium available in Denver area
- First offered at DU in 1999 as one of the first MAFP programs in the US
- Integrated psychology and law curriculum balanced with two years of supervised field placement experiences
- Alumni pursue careers in corrections, law enforcement, probation, victim services, offender treatment, and consultation, while others pursue doctoral degrees in psychology, medicine, law, and legal communications
- Integrated curriculum includes clinical psychology, public health, trauma, disaster mental health, and humanitarian aid
- Local and international field placement experiences
- Alumni work with domestic and international agencies to provide psychosocial support to people around the world
- Develop skills in intervention strategies to enhance an individual's mental performance and personal growth across performance disciplines
- Faculty are recognized leaders in sport psychology
- Unique program blends sport science and mental health in hands-on application
- Launching in Summer 2015, MASC is led by internationally respected coach educator Dr. Brian Gearity.
- Program designed to be flexible, individualized, and completed fully online. We will also hold, and support, on- and off-campus events such as coaching clinics and workshops.
- Course assignments use lifelike coaching issues and problems to help students integrate theoretical and practical knowledge to improve the coach’s decision making and athlete’s performance.
- We are engaged in the process of becoming accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Coach Education and recognized by the National Strength and Conditioning Association.