PsyD - Clinical Psychology
- APA accredited since 1979 - one of the first PsyD programs in the US
- Supervised clinical training begins the first quarter in our own clinic and in 130+ field placement sites throughout the Denver community
- Learn theory and practice from faculty who are active in their specialty areas
- High national internship match rate achieved by our well-prepared students - exclusively affiliated internship consortium available in Denver area
- First offered at DU in 1999 as one of the first MAFP programs in the US
- Integrated psychology and law curriculum balanced with two years of supervised field placement experiences
- Alumni pursue careers in corrections, law enforcement, probation, victim services, offender treatment, and consultation, while others pursue doctoral degrees in psychology, medicine, law, and legal communications
Accepting applications until the class is full.
- Integrated curriculum includes clinical psychology, public health, trauma, disaster mental health, and humanitarian aid
- Local and international field placement experiences
- Alumni work with domestic and international agencies to provide psychosocial support to people around the world
- Develop skills in intervention strategies to enhance an individual's mental performance and personal growth across performance disciplines
- Faculty are recognized leaders in sport psychology
- Unique program blends sport science and mental health in hands-on application
- Launching in Summer 2015, MASC is led by internationally respected coach educator Dr. Brian Gearity.
- Program designed to be flexible, individualized, and completed fully online. We will also hold, and support, on- and off-campus events such as coaching clinics and workshops.
- Course assignments use lifelike coaching issues and problems to help students integrate theoretical and practical knowledge to improve the coach’s decision making and athlete’s performance.
- We are engaged in the process of becoming accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Coach Education and recognized by the National Strength and Conditioning Association.