The University of Denver, Graduate School of Professional Psychology (GSPP) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. GSPP maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
The Graduate School of Professional Psychology at the University of Denver does not have any special (commercial) interest in providing CE programming. This programming respects cultural, individual and role differences, including those based on age, gender, gender identity, race, ethnicity, culture, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, language, and socioeconomic status.
GSPP is committed to honoring the accommodation needs of our guests, including accessibility or dietary requests, large print materials, or a private room for those nursing.
Please contact the Office of Continuing Education at 303-871-4161 or email@example.com with questions.
While the GSPP CE program understands that emergencies cannot be avoided, we have adopted the following policy for CE attendance:
- Attendees who arrive more than 15 minutes after morning registration closes will lose one (1) full hour of continuing education. Attendees who arrive more than 60 minutes late will lose two (2) full hours of continuing education and so on.
- Attendees who need to leave before the close of the conference are asked to leave during the afternoon break to minimize distractions during the conference. They will lose the remaining hours of continuing education. If you are planning to leave early, please speak to the staff at the registration desk when you arrive. This will allow for the adjusted CE certificate to be ready for you at the afternoon break.
- At the completion of the conference, attendees will receive their certificate of attendance directly from a member of the Continuing Education or Conference Committee. If you are not in attendance to pick up your certificate but were signed out by program staff, your certificate will be mailed to you.
- Conference content is intended for professional development purposes. Children cannot be accommodated but our staff can make childcare recommendations upon request.
- If any special accommodations are required, please indicate that when registering.
If you unable to attend the scheduled event as planned please notify our office at 303-871-4161 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you alert us with >7 days notice we can issue a refund in the original form of payment. Late cancellations cannot be refunded but registration may be assigned to another attendee at your discretion.
In the event that an attendee has a complaint that cannot be resolved by the CE staff or University of Denver Ombuds Office, the attendee has the right and is encouraged to take the following steps:
- Complaints should be in writing and mailed, faxed, or emailed to the GSPP Dean at the University of Denver*. (Complaints received by phone will be documented, and the complainant will be requested to submit the complaint in writing.)
- The letter of complaint must contain the following:
- A detailed description of the problem(s);
- The approximate date(s) that the problem(s) occurred;
- The full name(s) and title(s) or position(s) of the individual(s) involved in the problem(s), including both institutional staff and/or other students who were involved;
- Evidence demonstrating that the institution's complaint procedure was followed prior to contacting the Dean of the GSPP;
- The name and mailing address of the complainant; if the complainant specifically requests that anonymity be maintained, the GSPP Dean will not reveal his or her name to the persons involved.
- In addition to the letter of complaint, copies of any relevant supporting documentation should be forwarded to the Dean of the GSPP (e.g., the registration confirmation, the course outline, and correspondence between the student and the CE program staff).
Complaints should be mailed to:
Office of the Dean
Graduate School of Professional Psychology
University of Denver
2450 S. Vine St.
Denver, CO 80208
*Complainants will receive an acknowledgement of receipt within 15 days*