Use this checklist to make sure you are submitting a complete MASPP application by the application deadline. The following steps will complete your application. Remember, you will be completing the online application and uploading your supplemental documents.
Please mail your official, sealed transcripts to this address:
University of Denver
Office of Graduate Studies
Mary Reed Bldg., Room 5
2199 S. University Blvd.
Denver, CO 80208-4802
NOTE: International Students must also apply through the International Student Office.
MASPP Application and Supplemental Document Checklist
Application Deadline: January 4, 2013
Note: if you are re-applying for admission, please contact the Admissions manager immediately.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Be sure your name is on ALL your supplemental materials prior to uploading them.
- Complete and submit the online application.
- Pay your $65.00 application fee online via credit card.
- You will upload your GSPP essay responses to your online application.
- You will supply your referee's names and email addresses to your online application. Your referees will receive an email invitation to submit their letters of recommendation online AFTER you create and submit the invitation via your online application. For all GSPP programs, three letters of recommendation are required.
- You will upload your resume or c.v. and any other documents to your online application.
- Take the GRE General Battery and submit your official scores to the University of Denver - School Code: 4842, Clinical Psychology code: 2001. The GRE psychology subject test is optional for MASPP applicants.
- TOEFL/IELTS Requirements (required of all graduate applicants whose native language is not English, regardless of citizenship status): 550 pBT; 80 iBT; or 6.0 IELTS
- Official Sealed Transcripts: One official copy is required from all institutions where two or more credits were completed.
NOTE: Do NOT wait for grades/degrees to be posted on your transcript. If you are offered admission you will provide final transcripts at that time.
*Electronic Transcripts: The University of Denver is now accepting electronic transcripts ONLY from these third-party agencies: Army/American Council on Education Registry Transcript System (AARTS), Docufide/Parchment, National Student Clearinghouse, and Scrip-Safe. All other transcripts must be sent in via mail to the address above. Electronic transcripts can be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Paid or Volunteer Experience: Having relative paid or volunteer experiences (i.e. coaching, playing sports, performance enhancement experience, etc.) is an asset. Please detail your experience in your resume/curriculum vita.
In reviewing applications, we are concerned with the quality of the whole application, evidence of academic ability, quality of work done in the human service role, how referees view the applicants potential to become a professional psychologist, and how the applicant presents him or herself in answering application questions. Our aim is to enroll people who have an appreciation of psychology as a scientifically based discipline and sufficient emotional and social maturity to function effectively in applied professional work. Even though we do not require an undergraduate major in psychology, we expect applicants to have knowledge of and curiosity about psychological theory and issues.