The University of Denver GSPP Internship Consortium is an exclusively affiliated internship program. The Consortium is APA accredited, an APPIC member, and in 2010 received two national awards for innovative practice in graduate education in psychology from the APA Board of Educational Affairs as well as the National Association of Schools and Programs.
GSPP students may apply for internship anywhere in the United States and Canada but because the GSPP Consortium is exclusively affiliated, our internship sites may only accept applications from GSPP students. We are one of only 5 accredited affiliated consortia in the United States. Although our positions are limited to GSPP students in Phase I, we may open them up to national applicants in Phase II.
The Consortium consists of 8 sites in the Denver Area (including 2 university counseling centers, a large health maintenance organization, a community mental health center, a residential treatment center for children and adolescents, a police psychology agency, a sex offender treatment agency, and an agency focused on assessment and treatment of children with autism) with 13 internship positions offered only to GSPP students. Interns are at their sites Mondays – Thursdays and come to campus (or meet at one of the sites) on Fridays for a full day of training seminars. Unique experiences within our sites include a rotation in Antarctica.
Full details and deadlines can be found on our Consortium Application page.
2015-2016 Internship Positions
The Consortium will accept 13 interns for 2015-2016. We anticipate the following:
- Denver Children's Home: 1 full-time position
- Kaiser Permanente: 2 full-time positions (can be adult and/or child)
- Legacy Comprehensive Counseling and Consultation: 1 full-time position
- Mental Health Center of Denver (MHCD): 2 full-time positions (1 adult, 1 child track)
- Nicoletti-Flater Associates: 1 full-time position
- Regis University Office of Counseling and Personal Development: 1 full-time position
- Treatment and Evaluation Services: 1 full-time position
- University of Denver Health and Counseling Center: 4 full-time positions
APA & APPIC
Association of Psychology Postdoctoral and Internship Centers
17225 El Camino Real
Onyx One - Suite #170
Houston, TX 77058-2748
(T) 832- 284-4080 (F) 832-284-4079
Questions? Please Contact:
Internship Training Director
Jennifer A. Erickson Cornish, Ph.D. ABPP