The University of Denver GSPP Internship Consortium is an affiliated internship program. The Consortium is APA accredited, an APPIC member, and in 2010 received two national awards for innovative practice in graduate education in psychology from the APA Board of Educational Affairs as well as the National Association of Schools and Programs.
The GSPP Internship Consortium is exclusively affiliated in Phase I of the national internship match (which means that our sites may only accept applications from GSPP students), but we may open up any remaining positions to national applicants in Phase II.
The Consortium consists of 8 sites in the Denver Area (including 2 university counseling centers, a large health maintenance organization, a community mental health center, a residential treatment center for children and adolescents, a police psychology agency, a sex offender treatment agency, and an agency focused on assessment and treatment of children with autism). Interns are at their sites Mondays – Thursdays and come to campus (or meet at one of the sites) on Fridays for a full day of training seminars.
Full details and deadlines can be found on our Consortium Application page.
2017-2018 Internship Positions
The Consortium will accept 17 interns for 2017-2018. We anticipate the following:
- Denver Children's Home: 1 full-time position
- Kaiser Permanente: 2 full-time positions (one generalist, one eating disorder; may apply to one or both)
- Legacy Comprehensive Counseling and Consultation: 2 full-time positions
- Mental Health Center of Denver (MHCD): 4 full-time positions (1 adult, 1 child and family, 1 infant mental health, 1 integrated care; may apply to either the adult or the child/infant/integrated positions)
- Nicoletti-Flater Associates: 1 full-time position
- Regis University Office of Counseling and Personal Development: 2 full-time positions
- Treatment and Evaluation Services: 1 full-time position
- University of Denver Health and Counseling Center: 4 full-time positions
APA & APPIC
Association of Psychology Postdoctoral and Internship Centers
17225 El Camino Real
Onyx One - Suite #170
Houston, TX 77058-2748
(T) 832- 284-4080 (F) 832-284-4079
Questions? Please Contact:
Internship Training Director
Jennifer A. Erickson Cornish, Ph.D. ABPP