What is Let's Talk?
- Easy access to informal, confidential or even anonymous consultations with HCC counselors
- Regular, weekly, walk-in hours
When and where is Let's Talk?
Let's Talk is over for the 2013-2014 academic year. For all counseling services, call 303.871.2205.
If I go to Let's Talk, won't everyone find out?
- No. Let's Talk meetings are confidential.
- Let's Talk meeting can even be anonymous.
- If safety is an issue (yours or someone else's), there may be a need to inform other professionals.
What if someone feels suicidal or wants to hurt him/herself? Should he or she go to Let's Talk?
- If you are feeling unsafe, find a good friend or a family member you trust.
- Call Campus Safety at 303-871-3000 and ask to speak to the counselor on call.
- Call 911.
- Go directly to the Health and Counseling Center (3rd Floor North Ritchie Center) during our normal hours, where you can get immediate help.
- Go to a Let's Talk location, and the counselor can help you decide what will be best for you.
What if someone expresses a desire to hurt other individuals? Is Let's Talk appropriate for them?
- Call Campus Safety at 303-871-3000.
- Call 911 in the case of imminent danger.
- A Let's Talk counselor can help you assess these situations.
- The Health and Counseling Center can also be used as a resource in these instances.
What is the time limit on Let's Talk meetings?
The length of the meeting is determined by a couple of things:
- If anyone else is waiting
- The amount of time you need
If you need a lot of time or have many things to talk about, it may be helpful for you to consider scheduling a meeting with a counselor at the Health and Counseling Center.
Can faculty and staff or parents of DU students utilize Let's Talk services?
- Let's Talk services are primarily for University students
- We will not turn anyone away from a Let's Talk meeting.
- If a faculty or staff member or a parent had concerns about a student, Let's Talk would be a great starting place to find some help and resources.
What if appointments at HCC are booked for weeks out? Can I use Let's Talk instead?
- Let's Talk is not meant to take the place of counseling.
- If you need immediate assistance with a problem or feel you are in crisis, you can always call the Health and Counseling Center at 303-871-2205.
I am concerned about my friend. Can I bring my friend to Let's Talk?
- A Let's Talk counselor will be able to talk to you with your friend, or talk to your friend alone.
For questions, please contact the Health & Counseling Center at 303-871-2205..