What is HYPE?
- HealthY Peer Empowerment (HYPE)
- DU students who promote healthy lifestyles by educating peers on the impact of their choices.
- We work with a large number of physical and mental health issues.
- Our partnership with the Health and Counseling Center enables us to act as an approachable liaison between the student body and health professionals.
- If you're passionate about healthy living, HYPE may be just what you're looking for!
What is Peer Education?
Peer educators are students just like you who are trained in health issues and reach out to fellow students through fun and informative programs and campaigns. HYPE can provide you with accurate and reliable information for yourself or your friends.
Why Peer Education?
We often turn to our friends for advice about challenging personal issues like such as alcohol and tobacco use, sleep problems and sex health. Peer education serves as an outlet for students to get the info they need from a well trusted source their peers.