We believe in a non-judgmental & supportive approach using evidence-based practices proven to work. When you're ready to quit, the right treatment can make quitting easier than you'd expect.
Services at the Health and Counseling Center include:
Meet with a tobacco cessation specialist in the Health & Counseling Center to help you develop a personalized quitting plan. Referrals for prescription medication are also available through this service.
- Free for all students, staff, and faculty
- By appointment, call 303.871.2205
Preparing to Quit Classes
If you're thinking about quitting tobacco but not sure where to start, this introductory class may be just what you need. Basic information on quitting techniques, on-line and telephone resources, and information regarding one-on-one counseling and weekly quitting groups available at the HCC will be discussed.
- Free for all students, staff, faculty, partners and roommates. Must call and register for class in advance 303.871.3763.
Customized Treatment Plans
Personalized treatment plans are infused throughout all cessation services. Plans focus on your tobacco triggers, will help you decide if over-the-counter or prescription medications are right for you, and more.
Medical Consultations for Prescriptions
Referrals for prescription medication are available for students. Employees are encouraged to work with their primary care providers in the community.
Online Cessation Resources
- FixNixer Free, personalized online and text messaging quitting service.
- Colorado Quitline - 1.800.QUIT.NOW Connect with a "Quitting Coach" and other great resources.
- Become an Ex Re-learn life without cigarettes using this online resource tool.
- The Cigarette is Dead Resources and information for students in Colorado.
- Get-Quit A quit plan for people using Chantix medication to quit.
- Kaiser Permanente Resources and information for adults.
- American Cancer Society Resources and information for adults.
- Nicotine Anonymous 12-steps adapted from Alcoholic-Anonymous to help you to a nicotine-free life.
- My Last Dip Web-based tool for young adults to quit smokeless tobacco.