Wishing you a Health 2016
Thinking about ways to become healthier in the new year?
Consider these attainable goals:
- Make healthy food choices. Grab healthy snacks such as fruit, nuts, or low-fat cheese.
- Exercise regularly – just 30 minutes of exercise on most days of the week can help improve your overall health.
- Commit to getting 7-8 hours of sleep each night. Even one night of sleep deprivation can impact your mood, energy, and stress levels for days! -
- Identify healthy ways of coping with stressful or overwhelming situations. Try exercising, taking a walk, playing or listening to music, or expressing yourself artistically.
- Be smokefree. If you are ready to quit, call 1-800-QUIT-NOW for resources and support.
- Apply sunscreen whenever you are heading out to enjoy the great outdoors.
- Wear a helmet when you are skiing, snowboarding, or biking.
- Make an appointment for your yearly check-up.
- Visit the HCC to find health resources that can help you achieve your goals!
HCC Extends Hours into the evening
Starting in Winter Quarter, the HCC will be open until 7pm on most Wednesday and Thursdays.
Starting Wednesday January 6, 2016 to May 2, 2015 the HCC will be open late.
Most medical and counseling appointment types will be available during this time.
Stayed tuned for a campus wide announcement in December.
What's Trending?Tweets by @DU_HCC