Summer Hours Information:
The DU HCC summer hours of operation will be 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, from 6/6/2016 to 8/12/2016. On Tuesdays the hours of operation will be 9:00 am to 4:30 pm
Fees, Insurance, Immunization requirements
New and continuing students need to review the requirements for required immunizations, the benefits of the Health and Counseling Fee, and the DU Insurance requirements.
Information on DU's Immunization requirement is found here
Information on the Health and Counseling Fee (HCF) is found here
Information on the Student Health Insurance (SHIP) is found here
Information on the Student Dental Plan is found here
Information about the Health and Counseling Center (HCC) including hours and location is found here
This summer is promising to be a hot one! Check out these tips from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for staying healthy in the heat.
- Limit outdoor activity, especially midday when the sun is hottest. If you participate on a sports team, schedule workouts and practices earlier or later in the day when the temperatures tend to be cooler. Wear and reapply sunscreen as indicated on the package.
- Wear loose, lightweight, light-colored clothing.
- Pace activity. Start activities slow and pick up the pace gradually.
- Drink more water than usual and don’t wait until you’re thirsty to drink more. Muscle cramping may be an early sign of heat-related illness.
- Limit alcohol consumption when outdoors. Alcohol promotes dehydration and impacts your body’s ability to regulate its own temperature, which increases your risk of heat-related illness.
- Seek medical care immediately if you or a friend are experiencing symptoms of heat-related illness.
Zika Virus Information
What's Trending?Tweets by @DU_HCC