For Mental Health Concerns
If you have an urgent need during business hours, please call 303-871-2205 or come to the University of Denver Health and Counseling Center (HCC) for urgent mental health concerns.
For after-hours emergency calls, please contact Campus Safety at 303-871-3000 and ask to speak to the "counselor-on-call." This service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to all university students. Psychiatric hospitalization is available if necessary.
For Illnesses or Injuries
- For urgent care, call ahead before walking in. The HCC Is not an urgent care or emergency department and sees patients on a scheduled basis. A triage nurse will discuss your concerns with you and help determine whether your condition warrants a same-day appointment.
- After talking to the triage nurse, one of the following options will be made available to you:
- You may be advised to go to an emergency room or urgent care
- You may be advised to come to the HCC immediately
- You may be scheduled to come in to the HCC later the same day. You may be provided with home care instructions and given an appointment for the next day.
If, at any time, your symptoms worsen prior to your appointment, you are encouraged to call us back, or call the after-hours line if the HCC is closed.
When the HCC is closed, you can reach the on-call provider by dialing 303-871-2205 and following the instructions. The provider can give you advice about your health problem or arrange for you to be seen if your problem requires immediate evaluation. All fees incurred outside the HCC are at your own expense or billed to your insurance if applicable.
Phone numbers you need to know
- To schedule an appointment for medical services: call 303-871-2205 and follow the instructions
- To speak to a nurse for advice or triage: call 303-871-2205
For life-threatening emergencies:
- On campus: call 911 or Campus Safety at 303-871-3000 or x13000
- Off campus: call 911
- After hours care and advice for illnesses and injuries: call 303-871-2205 and follow the instructions on how to access the on-call provider
- For Mental Health appointments: call 303-871-2205
- For Mental Health emergencies after hours: call Campus Safety at 303-871-2205, and ask for the counselor on call.
Urgent Care Centers Close to Campus
Rocky Mountain Urgent Care
3601 S Clarkson St #100, Englewood, CO 80113
Mon - Fri 8am – 7pm, Sat 9am -4pm, Sun 9am - 3pm
875 South Colorado Blvd, Denver, CO 80246
Mon - Fri 8am - 8pm, Sat 8am - 6pm, Sun 10am - 6pm
760 S. Colorado Blvd Denver, CO 80246
Mon - Fri 8am - 8pm, Sat - Sun 8am - 5pm