New Living Community
GlobalRes is a new community located in Nagel Hall designed for students who wish to live in a culturally and globally diverse environment. The community will include both international and domestic DU students as well as a cultural mentor who will provide engaging cultural learning opportunities for students on a weekly basis.
Students interested in GlobalRes will be intentionally paired with a domestic or international roommate in a suite style room (four students sharing one bathroom). GlobalRes will focus on building meaningful intercultural peer relationships through development and programming opportunities.
Students considering GlobalRes should have a desire to enhance their own cultural awareness and understanding through interactions with other DU students. GlobalRes community members will be able to move into Nagel Hall early and will attend a day long retreat. Students who participate in GlobalRes will also have the opportunity to stay in Nagel Hall over Winter Break.
How Can I Apply for GlobalRes?
- Fill out your housing application as part of Room Selection for 2014-2015. (See the guide for signing up to participate in room selection.)
- Respond to the following four questions in a Microsoft Word document (Times New Roman, 12 point font). Please submit your answers in an attachment via e-mail to Khouri Markos (email@example.com) by or before March 27, 2014.
- Describe an experience you have had interacting with a person who was different from you. What were the challenges and what did you gain from that experience?
- Why do you believe living and learning in a culturally and globally diverse community is important?
- What are you hoping to gain as a student living in GlobalRes?
- What else would you like the selection committee to know about you?