GlobalRes is a themed living community in Nagel Hall designed for students who wish to live in a culturally diverse environment. The community will include both international and domestic DU students as well as a cultural partner who will provide engaging cultural learning opportunities for students on a weekly basis.
Students interested in GlobalRes will be intentionally paired with a domestic or international roommate in a suite style room (four students sharing one bathroom). GlobalRes will focus on building meaningful intercultural peer relationships through development and programming opportunities.
Students considering GlobalRes should have a desire to enhance their own cultural awareness and understanding through interactions with other DU students. GlobalRes community members will be able to move into Nagel Hall early and will attend a day long retreat. Additionally, students who participate in GlobalRes may have the opportunity to stay in Nagel Hall over Winter Break (if requirements from the community agreement are met).
How Can I Apply for GlobalRes?
- Fill out your housing application as part of Room Selection for 2016-2017. (See the guide for signing up to participate in room selection.)
- Respond to the following four questions in a Microsoft Word document (Times New Roman, 12 point font, Include Name, and DU ID number). Please submit your answers in an attachment via e-mail to Khouri Markos (email@example.com) by or before March 23, 2016 by 5:00pm.
- Describe an experience you have had interacting with a person who was different from you. What were the challenges and what did you gain from that experience?
- Why do you believe living and learning in a culturally diverse community is important and how will this enhance your experience at DU?
- What could you add to the GlobalRes community by becoming a member?
- What else would you like the selection committee to know about you?