Housing DU’s students for 50 years and counting
Johnson-McFarlane Hall, or J-Mac as it's more commonly known, is a three-story residence hall located on the south side of campus near many classroom buildings. J-Mac provides a lawn area, commonly called J-Mac Beach, where students play Frisbee, catch some rays, and just hang out to people-watch.
Every bedroom in J-Mac accommodates two students, with furniture and closet space for each. Large bathrooms are shared by the residents of each floor.
Features of Johnson-McFarlane Hall
- Front desk is staffed 24/7 for both service and security
- Combination refrigerator/freezer/microwave unit in every room
- Extra-long twin beds that can be separate or bunked
- Convenience store
- Bright, spacious cafeteria next door in Nelson Hall
- First-floor television lounge with big-screen TV, pool table and other games
- Laundry room
- Bathrooms and other shared spaces are cleaned daily
- Carpeted rooms
- Computer lab and presentation classroom
- Cable television connection
- Home to the Pioneer Leadership Program, and the Environmental Sustainability and Social Justice living and learning communities
- Closets measure 30.5" deep x 46" wide x 62.5 " tall up to the first shelf and about 1 foot above each of two shelves
- Dressers measure 19"x30"x30" with drawers measuring 19"x30"x5 1/4".
- Desks measure 22 1/4"x 42 1/2" x 30" with three drawers measuring 15 1/2"x12 1/2"x5 1/4" and one drawer measuring 15 1/2"x20 3/4"x 2 1/4".