International students are an important part of the DU residence hall community. We believe that living on campus is the best way to make the connections and adjustments necessary to get the most out of your education here.
Please make sure to fill out your housing application at PioneerWeb.
International Student Housing Information Sheet
Click here to open the International Student Housing Information Sheet.
Contract Release Petitions
Like domestic students, international students are required to live in on-campus housing for their first two years at DU. International Students are expected to have enough money to study at University of Denver without financial assistance, therefore, they are not eligible to petition to be released from their housing contracts for financial reasons.
ECA and ELC students
DU will not provide housing for ECA or ELC students in 2014-2015. Once a student fulfills DU's English proficiency conditions and is admitted to a degree program, he or she will then be eligible for on-campus housing. Once an ECA or ELC student is admitted to an academic program, they must live on campus one year to fulfill their residency requirement. This requirement begins the Fall quarter immediately after their academic program admittance.
Once you enroll in a degree program and sign a housing contract, you are then bound by that contract for the entire term of that contract (one full school year).
Building Schedules During Academic Breaks
Winter Break: JMAC, Halls, Nelson, and Nagel are CLOSED for Winter Break. Towers will be open for Winter Break; there is no availability for students in other buildings to stay over Winter Break.
Spring Break: All buildings are open for Spring Break.
Summer Break: Housing is available over the summer. Students may apply for summer housing on PioneerWeb.
Important Dates to Remember - 2015
- Sun, Mar. 15: Dining halls close after dinner
- Mon, Mar. 16: Students not returning for Spring quarter need to be checked out of their rooms by or before noon
Mon, Mar 16 – Fri, Mar. 22: SPRING BREAK (All residence halls remain open, meal plans are not active)
- Thurs, Mar. 19: New student move-in at 1pm
- Mon, Mar. 23: Dining halls open at breakfast
- Fri, Mar. 27: Last day to change meal plan for Spring quarter. (Deadline 4pm) All changes must be done in person (Driscoll North - 3rd Floor) or via email email@example.com. Changes are not allowed to be made via phone.
- Tues, Apr. 7: Spring Room Change Day
- Thurs, Jun. 4: Last day of finals. Meal plans end with dinner
- Fri, Jun. 5: All buildings close at 9am.