Denver is home to a wide range of exceptional urban amenities, including world-class museums, award-winning restaurants, trendy clubs and shopping areas, and some of the best teams in major league sports. Add to that one of the nation's largest city park systems, 90 golf courses and 650 miles of paved bike paths, and you realize why Denver is the place to be.
Getting to know Denver...
- Around the Neighborhood-You dont'have to go far to explore some of Denver's most distinctive hot spots, inculding:
- South Pearl Street-Meander through blocks of funky shops, restaurants, bookstores and Stella's coffee house. Read more here.
- Santa Fe Art District-Spend an afternoon exploring all the small galleries, ethnic restaurants and the Museo de las Americas. Read more here.
- The Gothic (just around the corner from DU)-Catch a performance at this urban landmark, which is Denver's hippest concert venue. Read more here.
- Baker and West Wash Park (just 4 miles from DU)-Catch an indie film at the Mayan or browse through countless galleries, coffee shops, used bookstores and vintage clothing shops.
- Capitol Hill (just 5 miles from DU)-Explore an eclectic mix of historic mansions and street-level commerce as well as Denver's state capitol.
- Golden Triangle (just 7 miles from DU)-Be sure to visit this epicenter of cultural amenities, including the Denver Art Museum, the Denver Public Library and the Acoma Center.
- LoDo (Lower Downtown)(just 8 miles from DU)-Find everything from pub fare to haute cuisine, plus some of the best dance clubs and venues in the country. Read more here.
- Highland and West Highland (just 8.5 miles from DU)-Immerse yourself in the cultural history and diversity of this city neighborhood, where you'll find ethnic churches, restaurants and community centers.
- Top Teams in Every League-You'll find plenty to cheer about, whether you're a fan of baseball, basketball, football, hockey or just about any other sport. Denver is home to eight pro teams, including the Colorado Rockies, Denver Nuggets, Denver Broncos and the Colorado Avalanche.
- Denver Nuggets Basketball
- Colorado Baseball Rockies
- Colorado Avalanche Hockey
- Colorado Rapids Soccer
- Colorado Mammoth Lacrosee
- Super Bowl 2016 Champion Denver Broncos
And the Mountains...
Get enviable access to some of the best recreational activities and destinations in the world. In every season - and for every kind of outdoor enthusiast - the Rocky Mountains offer endless opportunities for fun, adventure and pure relaxation. You can look forward to:
- More than 10 world-class ski resorts, including Aspen/Snowmass, Vail and Breckenridge.
- 15 national parks, monuments and historic sites.
- More than 40 state parks and countless open space recreation areas.
- 54 mountains that reach 14,000 feet or higher (aka, 14ers).
- Exceptional whitewater kayaking, rafting and fly fishing.
- Miles of trails for hiking, mountain biking, backpacking, horseback riding, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing and just plain wandering.