What We Provide
We provide you with all the basics you need to be comfortable. Each room on campus comes with:
- An extra-long twin bed for each resident (beds can be bunked or can stand separately); mattresses measure 80"x38"x7"
- A dresser for each resident. Dressers measure 19"x30"x30" with drawers measuring 19"x30"x5 1/4"
- A desk and desk chair for each resident. Desks measure 22 1/4"x 42 1/2" x 30" with three drawers measuring 15 1/2"x12 1/2"x5 1/4" and one drawer measuring 15 1/2"x20 3/4"x 2 1/4"
- A closet and shelves for each resident (three-person rooms in Halls may have a wardrobe). Most closets measure 98"x47 3/4" in Centennial Halls and 98"x45 3/4" in Centennial Towers
- 1 fridge/freezer/microwave per room or suite
- A trash can and recycling can
- Wall-to-wall carpeting
- Local phone service
- Basic cable access
- High-speed internet access
Most rooms in Halls and Towers measure 11'8"x16'6". Rooms in J-Mac measure 11'6"x13'6".
You Should Bring
- High Efficiency front-loader laundry detergent
- Sheets for an extra-long twin bed - mattresses measure 80"x38"x7" (our Residence Hall Association can help you find them, www.rhl.org/udv)
- School supplies
- Photos, posters, and other decorations to make your room feel like home
- Energy-efficient light bulbs for extra lamps you are bringing
Please Do Not Bring
- Air conditioners
- Halogen lamps
- Incense, candles, or candle warmers; open flames of any sort
- Convection or space heaters (except those provided by DU)
- Firearms or other weapons
The Following Items Are Allowed Only If You Live In a Suite With a Kitchen
- Toaster ovens
- Electric frying pans
- George Foreman-type grills
- Crock pots
Having trouble finding extra-long bedding to fit the mattresses in our halls?
RHA can help! We would like to introduce you to Residence Hall Linens-a convenient option for ordering all of your campus living needs. RHA has partnered with Residence Hall Linens for several years to provide our students and families with a convenient, affordable way to ensure you have sheets that will fit all of the beds on campus. The Residence Hall Linens program has all your campus living needs, from extra long twin sheets and comforters to matching towels and storage items.
Proceeds from this program are used for programming in the residence halls. Shipping is free for all Value Pak orders, and there are more than 23 color combinations available. Plus, linens are delivered to your home during the summer so you don't have to worry about waiting in line at the store. Order now for the best selection-popular colors can sell out quickly! Please visit the RHL website.