Tuition Waiver Guidelines and Deadlines
The Tuition Waiver program is designed to enable benefited employees, their spouses, and/or their dependent children under the age of 25, to enroll in "for-credit" courses at the University of Denver with reduced or no tuition charges.
Documentation is required in order to verify the relationship of the student to the employee and can include a Common Law Affidavit, Affidavit of Domestic Partnership, recent tax return, birth certificate or documentation of legal guardianship.
Tuition Waiver Benefit Overview — Provides information about eligibility for employees, their Spouse/Partner, and Children.
How the Program Works — Details covered courses, the application and approval process and the cost of the program.
Legal Considerations/Taxation — Features eligibility information and describes benefits available to you, your spouse, and your dependent children.
Trustee Board Approved Tuition Waiver Policy — It is the right and responsibility of all Tuition Waiver users to know and understand the policy and procedures related to the Tuition Waiver.
Employees must have six months of benefited service to qualify for the tuition waiver for themselves and spouses/partners.
Employees must have one year of benefited service to qualify and use the waiver for dependent children.
NOTE: Participation in the tuition waiver program to have tuition waived is not automatic. Employees and dependents must take action to use the waiver for any course(s).
Tuition Waiver Process
- The tuition waiver must be requested/applied to each course every academic period via MyWeb.
- The tuition waiver must be re-requested to any course that has been changed.
- Changes include add/drop of course, section, etc.
- The waiver must be re-requested by the deadline.
- Application deadline: All tuition waiver users must request by the, "100% Drop" deadline.
- Tuition waiver courses dropped before web registration closes will be reallocated towards the annual maximum, and the Tuition Waiver must be reassigned to the new classes for the term before web registration closes.
Questions about applying for the Tuition Waiver?
Contact the Shared Services Center at
email@example.com or 303-871-7420
Questions about using other types of Financial Aid?
Contact the Office of Financial Aid
firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-871-4020