Employees that attend the Monday Arriving at DU: New Hires session will be given an opportunity to complete the I-9 form, W-4 form and receive instructions on how to complete the additional new employee action items.
I-9 Employment Verification and Eligibility Form
The I-9 form must be completed by all faculty, staff and student employees prior to or on the first day of work with Human Resources. The I-9 form is used for verifying the identity and employment authorization of individuals hired for employment in the United States. Employees must bring the appropriate documentation to complete the form. You will need to know your Social Security number to complete the I-9 form.
- All identification must be unexpired
- Documents must be in the original form (no photocopies)
- One document from List A or one document from List B AND one document from List C
- Link to acceptable I-9 documents
All faculty, staff and student employees are asked to complete a W-4 form so that DU can withhold the correct federal income tax from your pay.
Additional Action Items
All faculty, staff and student employees are asked to complete the following action items located in webCentral on their first day or soon after their date of hire.
- Confidentiality Agreement
- Patent Agreement
- Direct Deposit (optional / a voided check is not required)
- Critical Incident Notification and Emergency Contact Information
New employees should speak with their manager or the department chair regarding additional paperwork required to access systems and resources on campus.