Performance & Development
Management and Supervisory Development
These development opportunities are geared towards providing employees with practical skills that can be applied with confidence in the workplace. These workshops focus on topics related to creating an enjoyable, compliant, productive and inclusive DU community.
To view upcoming session dates, times and locations, login to PioneerWeb, click on the Employee tab, then scroll down and on the lower right under Training, select Management and Supervisory.
Note: While these workshops are geared towards managers, all employees are welcome to attend.
Legal and Compliance Series
Workplace Law for New DU Employees
This session provides an overview of the policies and processes set by the University, the State of Colorado or the Federal government, to create a safe campus and reduce the University's risk exposure to legal liability. This one-time requirement includes completion of online modules and participation in a public session. Identified employees required to participate will be notified by Human Resources.
Annual Legal and Policy Update
This annual session is designed to inform managers and supervisors of new or revised laws and policies, trends related to institutional risk and liability and workplace and campus safety. Identified employees required to participate will be notified by Human Resources.
Workplace Matters Series
This interactive series of focuses on common workplace issues and concerns that supervisors face throughout day-to-day operations. The following courses will be held at least twice a year.
- Performance Documentation: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
- Understanding the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and DU Policies
- Navigating FMLA and Leaves at DU
- Americans with Disability Act (ADA) and the Interactive Process
Supervisor Core Competencies Series
This highly interactive four week series will provide participants with best practices and tools to manage and lead with confidence. Upon completion of the series, participants will receive a professional development certificate. The four sessions included in the series are:
- The Nature of Supervision and Communication
- Performance Management, Development and Engagement
- Conflict to Collaboration and Difficult Conversations
- Legal Issues and Considerations
Coffee Break Series for Managers
These 30 minute conversations will provide managers with an overview on a variety of employee well-being and development topics. Included are resources and tools n and easy to use resources and tools. These sessions are held monthly from 8:30 to 9:00am, usually in Mary Reed, DuPont Room. All employees are welcome to attend. These will be held monthly. Current discussions include:
- Employee Connection and Contribution
- Managers and Employee Health
- Leveraging Employee Talents
- How to Turn Conflict into Collaboration
Online Presentation - Click Here
- Peer Today, Boss Tomorrow
- Working Towards Personal Leadership
- Empowering Others
- Developing Critical Thinkers
Student (Work-Award) Supervisor Series
These one hour lunch and learn sessions provide student employee supervisors with the basics on how to best recruit, hire and develop their direct report(s). These sessions are provided in partnership with the Office of Student Employment.
- Interviewing and Hiring Essentials
- Start off Right: First Day and Beyond
- Conflict Resolution and Coaching Student Employees
- Preparing for and Conducting Performance Reviews