Performance & Development
These development resources are geared towards providing employees with opportunities for self-discovery, personal and professional growth.
To register for an upcoming session, please login to PioneerWeb, click on the Employee tab, then scroll down and on the lower right under Training, select Management and Supervisory.
These interactive sessions are available on a quarterly basis to help build self-awareness and skill development for current and future career opportunities. Included are the following sessions:
- 5 Languages of Workplace Appreciation
- Change: Managing Your Emotions and Expectations
- Communication in the Workplace
- Emotional Intelligence in the Workplace
- Event and Meeting Planning at DU
- Expanding Your Network: Building Relationships
- Join the "In" Crowd: Developing Your Network with LinkedIn
- Power Up Your LinkedIn Profile
- Time Management: You and Your Time
- What's Your Picture of Excellence? StrengthsFinder 2.0
Employee Mentoring Program
Mentoring has long been recognized as an effective method through which critical information or knowledge transfer may be passed from one individual to another. The purpose of DU's Employee Mentoring Program is to:
- Foster development for future leaders;
- Further the critical skill and knowledge development for professionals in higher education;
- Foster career and personal development.
Visit the DU Employee Mentoring Program Portfolio page for more information.
DU StrengthsFinder Community
StrengthsFinder 2.0 is one of the most popular self-discovery assessments available to determine your strengths. Many members of the DU community have completed the assessment through HR, through team building or individually. The DU StrengthsFinder Community Portfolio page includes:
- Opportunity to network with others who have completed the assessment
- General Information about StrengthsFinder 2.0
- Resources and Articles
Visit the DU StrengthsFinder Community Portfolio page for more information.
Take time to reflect of your skills and interests with the following downloadable worksheets:
If you have a professional development workshops, resources or networking event you would like to share, please email Greg Giesen for posting on this page.