The Institute for Human-Animal Connection (IHAC) is a center for the study of the interrelationship and health of people, animals and the environment.
- University of Denver Graduate School of Social Work students organize animal-assisted stress relief event at DU Law School. See the 9News story here.
- Chuck & Don's donates $23k to IHAC for new safe shelter program for pets.
- Executive Director Philip Tedeschi discusses human-animal relationships on the radio show Our Wild World. Listen to the full interview.
- IHAC successfully hosted its first Practitioners Conference, Transforming Trauma: Research Developments and Methods for Trauma-Informed Animal Assisted Interventions, on May 7 and 8, 2014.
- September 27, 2014: 2014 Cohort 4 of the Animals and Human Health certificate program begins. Apply online by August 31st.
- April 24-25, 2015: Green Chimney's hosts their 2015 Human-Animal Interaction conference in partnership with IHAC. "Growing Together: Kids, Animals and Sowing the Seeds of Resiliency" is a continuing education opportunity for human-animal interaction professionals. Get more information and register.