The Institute for Human-Animal Connection (IHAC) is a center for the study of the interrelationship and health of people, animals and the environment.
- January 10, 2015: 2015 Cohort 1 of the Animals and Human Health certificate program begins. Apply online by November 1st.
- April 24-25, 2015: Green Chimney's hosts their 2015 Human-Animal Interaction conference in partnership with IHAC. "Growing Together: Kids, Animals and Sowing the Seeds of Resiliency" is a continuing education opportunity for human-animal interaction professionals. Get more information and register.
- IHAC, Chuck & Don's and Animal-Assisted Social Work students highlighted on local news! See the Fox News story here.
- University of Denver Graduate School of Social Work students organize animal-assisted stress relief event at DU Law School. See the 9News story here.
- Chuck & Don's donates $23k to IHAC for new safe shelter program for pets.
- Executive Director Philip Tedeschi discusses human-animal relationships on the radio show Our Wild World. Listen to the full interview.
- IHAC successfully hosted its first Practitioners Conference, Transforming Trauma: Research Developments and Methods for Trauma-Informed Animal Assisted Interventions, on May 7 and 8, 2014.