The Institute for Human-Animal Connection (IHAC) is a center for the study of the interrelationship and health of people, animals and the environment.
- September 26, 2015: Animals and Human Health professional development certificate begins for 2015 Cohort 4. Registration opens in late July. Apply now!
- October 3, 2015, 10am-12pm: Peaceful demonstration for Global March for Elephants and Rhinos on World Animal Day, hosted by IHAC. Denver State Capitol Building, West Steps. Speakers, petition signing, kids activities and live demonstration of drones used to protect wildlife with Wildlife Protection Solutions. Please join us in solidarity for the animals!
- Spring 2016: IHAC will host it's second Practitioners Conference, Animals on the Mind. Stay tuned for more information!
- IHAC partnered with Green Chimneys in hosting the 2015 Human-Animal Interaction conference in Brewster, New York. Learn more and download the conference summary here.
- New evidence is always emerging regarding the significance of the human-animal bond. A new study suggests that companion animals may prove to be a helpful addition to treatment programs designed to help children with ASDs improve their social skills and interactions with other people. Find out more here.
- Read about Marc Beckoff's work teaching animal behavior in the Boulder County Jail here.
- Take action to save wildlife! Measure and find out how you can reduce your ecological impact using the Global Footprint Network's Footprint Calculator here. SIgn the petition banning the sale of ivory in the state of Colorado here.
- The University of Wisconsin-Madison did a special alumni piece on IHAC's Executive Director, Philip Tedeschi. Read the full article here.
- IHAC, Chuck & Don's and Animal-Assisted Social Work students highlighted on local news! See the Fox News story here.
- University of Denver Graduate School of Social Work students organize animal-assisted stress relief event at DU Law School. See the 9News story here.
- Chuck & Don's donates $23k to IHAC for new safe shelter program for pets.
- Executive Director Philip Tedeschi discusses human-animal relationships on the radio show Our Wild World. Listen to the full interview.
- IHAC successfully hosted its first Practitioners Conference, Transforming Trauma: Research Developments and Methods for Trauma-Informed Animal Assisted Interventions, on May 7 and 8, 2014.