Costs > CGS > Eligibility
To be eligible to be a Cherrington Global Scholar, students must:
- be juniors or seniors at DU during the period of study abroad (have completed at least 90 credits)
- have a minimum DU GPA of 3.0:
- A student's cumulative grade point average relative to the CGS eligibility will be evaluated at the end of winter quarter for fall and academic year programs; at the end of summer quarter for winter quarter and spring semester programs; or at the end of fall quarter for spring quarter programs.
- be in good academic and student conduct standing at DU:
- Good student conduct standing includes satisfying all pending outcomes imposed by the Office of Student Conduct. If a student is placed on probation after being accepted to a DU Study Abroad Program (due to behavior at DU or overseas), all CGS benefits and non-recoverable expenses will be charged to the student's account.
- have completed at least two quarters of full-time enrollment at DU before the beginning of the period of study abroad
- have not participated in a prior study abroad program as a Cherrington Global Scholar
- be at least 18 years of age at the time of departure for the period of study abroad
There is no separate application for the CGS Program; rather, qualified students automatically qualify when they submit their application to study abroad.