We've compiled some resources that may be helpful to you, listed to the left. However, we also encourage you to seek further information from other sources. For example:
- The internet—of course! A simple search on your question can often bring you a wealth of information.
- Good 'ol books. Take a trip to your local bookstore, find the travel aisle, and peruse some books on your host country or region.
- DU students who have studied abroad. Each person will have a unique experience in their host city, but talking to someone who's been there before can give you more perspective. Our peer advisors are also trained to help you find additional resources.
- If you need specific details on your program, contact the program directly! They can fill you in on all the tiny little details.
- Google Earth is a great resource, especially if you're a visual learner. You can search for your host family's address, or your particular campus.
And of course, please contact your Program Coordinator at the Office of International Education (OIE) for anything you can't find. We are pleased to assist you in any way we can.